Thursday, March 06, 2008

FHE

I have wanted to post all week, and I am just getting around to it now! I wanted to share a funny little story from our FHE this week. We usually watch our wedding video and look at our wedding pictures the week of our anniversary. This week it was our FHE lesson and activity. We taught the kids a little about Temples, and then showed the movie of when we got married. Kaley and Thomas were both intrigued with a movie that had mom and dad on it! Part way through the part where we were at the Temple Kaley asks, (with tears in her eyes) "Where I been?" She then burst into tears! She was so upset that she wasn't there, but could see all her grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, and even her cousin Elyzabeth! We told her that mommy and daddy had to get married in the Temple first before we could have Kaley. She was still very upset! We calmed her down by pulling out the scrapbook of when she was born, and showing her all the pictures with her in them. It was very sweet! It made me grateful for my little Kaley! It is such a blessing to be part of an eternal family!

7 comments:

Bree said...

That's cute, but sad that she started to cry and understood that she wasn't in the pictures. ): I don't think my kids really care that they aren't in some pictures. They do love looking at themselves in the scrapbooks though. (;

Don said...

Cute story! Poor Kaley! It's funny how kids react differently to everything!

Jack and Charlene said...

Thanks for sharing. We Love that Sweet Kaley too !!
Hugs to her, JT, & Bella Rose.

Vanessa said...

"Where I been???" So cute!!! That made me laugh :)

Bob said...

:))

Janelle said...

That is so sweet!! Three year olds sure say the greatest things sometimes, don't they? You can tell she loves being apart of your family - nice job, parents! :)

alanna said...

I told Brad this story and he thinks it's adorable. Sometimes we just laugh and say, "Where I been?"
We can't wait for Allen to talk more. He does well but it's still pretty basic.
:)