Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, no pictures for this post! I think that's a first! I just wanted to give a little update on what's been going on here! There are many reasons for no pictures - we have been sick; we have been potty training; we have been bored.

First order of business - Thomas is POTTY TRAINED! Wahoo! It literally took 3 weeks, but we did it! He is doing so well! Funny story: At church last week, I was conducting Primary and Josh was teaching Gospel Doctrine. Thomas was not willing to go to nursery, so he was in with Kristin sitting in Josh's class. He told Kristin (and the entire Sunday School class) that he need to go potty! So Kristin brings him in to me, and I dash out! We make it to the potty, and guess what?!?! He did #1 and #2 on the BIG potty!!!! First time ever!!! He was so pleased with himself, that he announced to all in the bathroom that the poo poos came out in the potty! (He also asked Kristin if she wanted to come see!) Ha! Then he was so excited that he ran into Josh's class (still teaching), and yelled, "DAD! My poo poos came out in the potty!!! Can I have a Lifesaver?" The whole class was laughing! Josh was embarrassed! We were just glad that Josh still had treats in his pocket! Kristin's husband, Jason, also treated Thomas to as many cookies as he wanted! Way to go, Thomas! (Thanks to Kristin and Jason for being such an important part of this journey! :) )

Next, Bella is very sick. She was up all night last night with a terrible cough. I took her in today to Instacare thinking that it might be croup or RSV or influenza (all of which neighbors have had this past week). The Dr there did a Flu test which came back negative. He did a chest x-ray and then sent us to the hospital lab to do a RSV test. We left our house today at 12 and didn't get home until 5:30, so it was a long day! The Dr finally called with the test results at 6:30 pm. Bella has pneumonia. We were prescribed Tylenol with codeine and Zithromax. Josh gave her a blessing, and she is now sleeping in our room with the humidifier. I am hoping that she will get much better, really soon! It is so sad to see her be so sick! On a happy note though, Bella is walking! I will have to post a little video of her when she starts to feel better!

Kaley is doing good! On Thursday, I got to go to her class and help out with their Valentine's party! It was so fun! I read the kids a story, and helped with their crafts. I think I am a pretty lucky Mom to get to see this girl grow up! I get to see her in Primary, and can volunteer to help out in her school. I just love being a stay-at-home Mom! She is developing socially so well! I love to see how smart she is! She is not afraid to raise her hand and give the answer. (At the beginning of the year she was terrified!) She also will share a "Guess What" in Primary (which is kinda like the "good news minute" in Relief Society). I am just lucky to get to be a part of her life! She is one sweet girl!

Josh and I are hanging in there! We are just trying to catch up on sleep! Thomas has been sick as well, so the combination of him and Bella has us pretty exhausted! Primary and work keep us busy, but happy! We celebrated Valentine's Day today by having Costa Vida for dinner! I have been craving it for a while! We are also enjoying the Slam Dunk contest. Last year was entertaining enough, I have to see what Dwight Howard does this year. There you have it! That's what we're up to! Hopefully, I will have some pictures soon!

Hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Scooby Family said...

It sounds like you have had the last 3 weeks like I have had! Dallyn has been the same way and now the older one have been coughing for over 3 weeks. Hopefully everyone will get better! That is so funny about Thomas but way to go!

Taunya said...

The story about Thomas is so funny. I am sorry about the sickness in your family. I hope everyone can stay healthy and get some rest.

Laurie said...

sad to hear about the sickness! hope everyine is healthy soon.

alanna said...

I hope you all feel better soon...especially little Bella.
Good luck juggling it all! I love how you are still enjoying motherhood so much in the midst of all the trails. You are an awesome mom!