September was a super busy month! I took a lot of pictures with my phone, so here is a big update! :)
We started our tree house! It still is this far along, but we started it! ;)
I had to take a picture of our calendar for September to document the chaos that was soccer season! By the end of the month, it was even more filled!
I took the twins to get their first library card! Our library also gives them a cute bag too!
Sophie went to her friend Jillian's birthday party. It was a dress up tea party. So fun!
Me and J at soccer :)
Those first couple weeks of Kindergarten were long! One day, these two just wanted to chill and have their face softly tickled. So sweet!
Kaley worked hard on her egg drop this year. Only the 4th graders do it, so it was her first and last! She had lots of fun, but in the end, her egg broke!
Birthday flowers :)
Sunday birthday dinner in Sandy.
The kids made me a cute birthday sign. :)
We ride our bikes every morning to school. This day after school was super rainy though. I took the truck so I could load all the bikes in the back! I ended up bringing home a few extra kids and bikes. :)
Rainy day fun with T and Justice. These boys rode the mud trails in the rain. Oh boys.
Bella has this friend, Laryn, that is her little shadow. I have received a few glowing texts from Laryn's mom saying how much her daughter loves Bella. Laryn's mom asked B to help Laryn get to class one of the first days of school, and Bells has stuck by her side ever since! They are quite the little buddies!
The week after my birthday, I took myself to get a pedicure. I was worried how the twins would do there - I brought both iPads, and they were set! Not a peep! What a nice relaxing 30 minutes!
There are workers starting to make a new road in our neighborhood. The kids love playing by the big tractors!
We went to the Spanish Fork Airport's Trains, Planes and Automobiles one Saturday.
I loved my wild sunflowers on the hill in my backyard!
Just a little backyard soccer! The kids were pretty obsessed with soccer all month - it is still going on!
Ok, this picture needs some journaling. I was hesitant to have this teacher again for the twins (since Bella had her), and this was one of the main reasons. It was the dreaded name writing week. The kids are to practice writing their names. Trace it, then write your own. I was supposed to watch to make sure they were forming letters correctly, and attempting to meet the "head line, waist line, foot line, basement" lines. I watched both of them and they were doing great! So I though.... (That was Monday.)
Tuesday after they turned in the names from Monday, they got them back with red pen markings all over them. It broke Sophie's heart. Jace hadn't gotten his out yet, but when he did, his face just fell. Sophie cried for 15 minutes straight. I couldn't even get her to look me in the eyes! When she finally did talk, all she said was "I'm just no good at writing my name!" I was heartbroken! Here she was, sobbing, and I'm thinking - Uh, you've been writing your name for 2 years now! Why all the sudden is this such a big deal? So I fretted about it and talked to Josh. I decided to say something this year. Last year I didn't, and I regretted it. So I went in first thing Wednesday morning. Josh rode over with me, but was under strict instructions to not say anything and to try to let me handle it. (I was worried that he would say what I really wanted to say, and not be nice, and then possibly ruin a parent/teacher relationship that I had to have for the rest of the year.) So I talked to her, showed her the papers, told her how sad Soph and Jace were after they got their papers back. I had asked if she talked to them about the name sheets, or if she showed them the corrections, or if it just was marked and put back in their folders. She had just marked and put back in the folders. So I asked if she maybe had a different color pen to use, pink, purple, green? Anything would feel less intimidating than red. Also, maybe more encouragement. A sticker? Smiley face?
Well, after all that, the kids came home with stickered, purple "awesome" papers and happy faces. She also told me that she changed how she worked with them in class and the results were much improved! So I felt like I had made a difference!
Well, after all that, the kids came home with stickered, purple "awesome" papers and happy faces. She also told me that she changed how she worked with them in class and the results were much improved! So I felt like I had made a difference!
Linz and her boys came to visit one day. We love holding and playing with babies!
Just a regular soccer picnic dinner!
I had to take a picture of Thomas' hallway work at school.
My OCD children love organizing the battery bin!
We had our flower bed curbing done! It looks so good, now I just need to find the time to get dirt and plant my bulbs!
Bella has a friend that invited our whole family to her birthday party. Jace was in heaven because it was at a ranch with horses!
I wish he would never grow up!
Just a regular week in September!
Just sisters playing clap games at soccer. I love this picture. I wish you could hear the giggling!
General Women's Meeting - dinner at Chilis, pedis and the meeting. Lovely!
Oh yeah, and mugging on this boy!
I'm really quite proud of these! I worked extra hard on these for YW. We got new class presidencies and wanted something specific for each counselor to do, so we came up with a birthday counselor and a compassionate service counselor and the friendshipping secretary. I also made binder covers for next year for the girls.
FHE campfire :)
This bar sees so much coloring!
Youth fireside to see Noelle Pikus Pace - Olympic Medal Winner.
Backyard soccer :)
Josh just laughs at my OCD treats for soccer. All laid out and ready for the kids!
So there you have it! What a wonderful September!














































No comments:
Post a Comment