Monday, February 13, 2017

YW Annual Retreat - January 27 & 28, 2017

We had our Annual YW Retreat in January.  I just LOVE this time with the YW.  It's kinda like camp, but in the winter.  It is a great chance for the girls to come together, feel the spirit and BOND!  We went with the theme from the church leaders "Ask of God, Ask in Faith."   We threw the mustache theme in there because it was cute!  I am more a simple party thrower, so the decor was minimal.  
We started by going to the temple together to do baptisms.  It was a wonderful kick off, and the spirit was felt!  We headed back to the church for dinner.  Then we did our mini workshops.  

 Snow cones for a fun drink! 

 I taught my workshop about the importance of the temple.  I gave the girls sunglasses to help them remember to keep their sights on the temple.  Don't they look great?!  
 We had a few other workshops too.

 Then we got in a circle and played SIGNS!  It's our tradition!  We LOVE this game - it is played every girls camp, every Retreat and a lot of times inbetween!  It gets loud, and the girls just BOND.



 One of our Laurel leaders offered her house for the sleep over part!  She has a beautiful home with a finished basement, it was perfect!  We had a couple more workshops, and played BINGO.  Then the party part started!  We played Just Dance, did karaoke and ate treats!  




 It's hard for me to sleep at things like this - especially when I feel like I am responsible for the girls.  So I stayed up all night visiting with the other leaders.  It is one of my favorite nights!  The Bishop came over and had breakfast with us and taught us a little more about Faith.  

Our last workshop was a service project.  We made little dresses for girls in Africa.  So cute!
Have I told you how much I LOVE having Kaley in YW with me?!  It makes YW activities THAT much more meaningful!





I felt like it was such a success!  We have 32 YW, and we had 28 of them able to come for at least part of the Retreat!  Such a BIG deal!  I love having these girls in my life!  I feel so blessed to be able to Lead them, Guide them and Walk beside them!  

No comments: