Sunday, October 04, 2020

Out with September, In with October!

We gave up one thing the week before General Conference to help us get ready to Hear Him through our church leaders and Prophet.  This quote from last conference was my wallpaper to help me remember to just give my best effort and that is enough for the Lord. 

This is what school year 2020-2021 is looking like at my work!  The kids sit in my "window box" and read to me.  I have a ruler that I can slide under the protector to point at words etc.  It's weird, but we're all adjusting!

I pulled out my old Barbies that I'd saved - like my favorite "collector" ones.  Holiday Barbie - 2 of them, and a birthday Barbie!  Soph and her friend Caeden are super into Barbies so they loved them!  I even had a Ken doll that they were thrilled with!  

The Championship Game!!!  Soph's team made it to the Championship game!  We needed 3 girls to split the first half of the game playing goalie.  Soph was one of them.  She was so nervous!  

We came out with the WIN!!!



Jace ordered and paid for a new scooter!  It was coming (a block away) just as we were ready to leave to go to Sandy for Kaley's soccer game.  We found the UPS truck and got it from him!



Kaley's game against Brighton this week was intense!!!  It was 0-0 at the end of the game, so into OT we went!  It was still 0s at the end of that, so we did another OT!  0s!!!!  Into a shoot out.  We have never seen one of these before and it was wild.  They each took turns shooting a PK, until eventually they blocked one more, and made one more than us.  A sad loss.  But WOW, what a hard fought game!  







Lining up at recess is the funniest thing to me!  "6 feet apart!"



Game day at the Sports Park.  This was Senior Night, so Soph/Fresh and JV played first. 















Favorite picture. 

Dibels testing week.  I think I had a small conniption after wear this shield for 4 minutes.  



We made sticky popcorn.

General Conference!!!





Mounteers came down and stayed the night Saturday night.







Sunday evening, we heard from the Health Dept saying that Kaley had been exposed to Covid.  Her friend had told her that he had tested positive so she would be hearing from the nurse soon.  We thought it was pretty lame that she was being quarantined since she didn't actually sit by this kid at lunch (which was when they said the exposure happened).  So that started her one full week of Q - it had already been a week since she had last seen the kid.



No comments: