Sunday, December 06, 2020

Sweet 16!

Kaley's 16th Birthday was in quarantine.  I was the MOST disappointed about this as a result from being sick. I knew how much it meant to her, and what a BIG deal it is to turn 16! Lucky for me, I have the best friends that stepped up and served me by serving my girl! AND, Kaley has the BEST friends! She was spoiled and surprised ALL DAY LONG!!!  It was so fun to see her get attention this way. 

Her BFF Emma posted on IG - so I stole them and am documenting here. ;)

















We opened presents

Auntie Linz dropped off a gift with a soccer keychain and a toy car.  Love it!



My VTer, Annie had been checking on me and I had told her how bad I felt about dashing Kaley's 16th birthday dreams. She offered to drop off balloons and a treat! How sweet!!!  It came at a perfect time during the morning, and really kicked off the day just right!

We went out and bought a Christmas tree - I was the one that checked out because I was "out" of Q.

We decorated the tree - which is one of Kaley's favorite things.

Her friends dropped off porch treats and gifts - these are from Karen and Meagan, soccer friends.

Emma, Kenzie and friends



The room looked like a party store!

From Trevin

Grammie, Pops and Lyss came to porch visit.





Grammie made her an awesome "Sweet" 16 cake - so much sugar!!! She knows Kaley so well.

Hannah came by! 



Time for CAKE!!!  







THEN, on Monday - we went right after school to go get her official license!!!!  


It really was a SWEET day, with this SWEET girl! I cannot believe that she is 16. She is so responsible and helpful around the house. She was already asked on her first date, but couldn't go because of her choir concert. She has many friends and makes them feel like she is their best friend. She is all things teenager with her phone, driving and friends. Mix in a lot of soccer, basketball, cleaning/organizing and music, and that's my girl!  I can't wait to see what come next Lu!

No comments: