Here's a story for you! Last Saturday, we were up for piano lessons at Grandma's house. Kaley was just coming in for a nap and tripped on the sidewalk. She hit her head on the hot tub steps. She had a big gash in her forehead. We took her to the ER, and she needed stitches. She held really still, and Mommy told her we could get an ice cream with Oreos and M&Ms on them. After a few repetitions of the ice cream bribe, she fell asleep! She was so tired! The Dr. was able to clean up her wound and stitch it up really nice. Her gash was so deep that the Dr. had to do 2 layers. She got 3 stitches under the skin and 7 above. 10 in all! I can't believe Mommy survived! It was quite a traumatizing experience! I think that I was more affected by the incident than Kaley was! We got her stitches out today and the wound has healed nicely.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry for Kaley! That must have been so tramautic for her and you! Ben had to get stitches on his chin one time and I couldn't stand to be in the same room when the doctors were patching him up ... Jill had to hold him. We'll keep Kaley in our prayers!
Post a Comment