Monday, July 06, 2009

Babies update

We had another ultrasound today! I am surprised at how big our babies are getting! Baby Brother is 3 lbs 6 oz, and Baby Sister is 3 lbs 4 oz! No wonder I am so huge! They are measuring almost 2 weeks ahead of schedule! They haven't changed my due date or anything, but this just means that our babies are healthy and BIG for twins! The only real news is that Baby Brother is bottom down, and Baby Sister is snuggled right up next to him in a funky sideways postition today! I am going to have to have a sit down chat with these two! Don't they know that Mommy is terrified to have a C-section?! I am still hopeful for a flip of both, but am now fully preparing for a C-section. (deep breath) They also had me schedule to start non-stress tests in a few weeks. This is normal with twins - basically it sounds kinda boring! I hope I will have a good book to read! Or maybe I can catch up on sleep! :) There you have it! I am doing good. I think I may be the only one that has been grateful for the cooler June weather! It has made for a much more bearable Summer! It is nice to be able to take the kids to Seven Peaks too, but it wears me out to go! I go in to see my OB Dr next week, so if I get any news you'll hear it!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

glad to hear everything is going well!! You are getting closer!! Yes, take a book or something to do while you have your stress tests. I had to have them with all 3 kids and they do get kinda boring. Good luck! Call me if you feel up to it, we would love to play!

The Scooby Family said...

Glad your doing good with the twins. Yes take osmethign to read for the NST or sleep! They do get boring and hopefully you won't have to do them 2-3 times a week. Also c-section isn't too bad! I have had all 3 and I wouldn't do it any other way if you need anythign let me know!

Haley said...

First off, you are not that big (judging what I can from the elusive pictures of yourself). I'm so glad that both babies are doing well! And yes, the non-stress tests are boring (I had to get one for Isabel). Take a magazine. Love you!

Ben N Nessa said...

I'm so HAPPY that they're healthy and that you are doing well! :)

Lesley said...

Yea I definitely have some helpful suggestions if you end up having a C-section that no one bothered to tell me until AFTERWARDS. Gee thanks :) And the non stress tests aren't bad. I was just grateful to be monitored so closely to make sure everything was ok with Ella.

I have been thinking about you a lot as I frequently see twins loaded up in double strollers in the city... you are lucky to have so many helping hands!

Bob said...

Thanks for the twins update, Crystal...Stay cool and relaxed this summer!

Steph said...

thanks for the update!! They are so big which is a good thing! Don't be scared of a c-section...I think that I'd rather have a c-section...it seems so effortless (besides recovery, of course) ;)

Stacey said...

Crystal you are so Cute! I however don't think your that big for having twins, I was just thinking you look small for having 2 :) You look GREAT!

Staci said...

Yea for 30 weeks tomorrow!!!!! You're not the only on counting down!!!:) We sure do love these two already! Thanks again for letting us come crash on our anniversary. So glad you are such a nice sister-in-law! See you soon!!