This year was an absolute JOY watching T play baseball. He improved SO much! I just adore watching little boys play sports! Here are a few pictures from his last game.
Don't be fooled into thinking that baseball is really an exciting sport... it's still not. ;)
But, slides like these make for awesome pictures!
It was in the last inning they played outfield that Thomas made my day. He was playing 2nd base. A kid hit the ball to somewhere infield, and a teammate of T's got the ball and threw it to Thomas to get the kid out coming to 2nd. My camera was down, and I was just watching with my Momma eyes. Thomas caught the ball!!! (This is only the 2nd year these boys have been playing baseball, so most of the time, the ball is not caught.) He got the kid out, and it happened to be the 3rd out too! Thomas put his mitt with the ball in it in the air, and his other hand he pointed to Mom on the sidelines - all while running in to be up next to bat. I teared up just a little. Part of me wishes that I would have been flashing away, capturing the moment with my camera, but I am glad that I have that sweet memory locked in my mind's eye. He was SO happy! It seriously made my week! What a boy!
We sure loved watching you play this year T!!! I'm sure we will have many more seasons to come! For now, we have a break til soccer in the Fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment