Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Primary Farewell!

Sunday was our Primary Program.  My kids did so good!  All 165 of them!  I have been dreading this day for months now.  I knew that it would be our last day in the ward.  I was relieved to have it done and crossed off my list, but SO sad to have this chapter really closed.  My sweet Primary kids made a video for me, and I really just sobbed through church.  All 3 hours.  I came home with the worst headache, and I was SO sad.  I will seriously miss seeing these cute faces every week.  I will miss their lovely voices and silly personalities.  My heart truly belongs in Primary.  My testimony is built around simple Primary songs.  I left this ward hoping that I had taught them enough, loved them enough, and shared my testimony enough.  I have been in Primary since Bella was a tiny baby.  I have literally been praying for these sweet children for 5 years.  It broke my heart to leave them and say goodbye.  I think it broke a few of theirs as well.  I was not the only one crying that day.  I felt so loved.  My favorite part of the video was of my sweet adoring admirer, Asher, who said, "You look gorgeous today, Sister Cox!"  I'm not sure how much of an influence I have had on these kids, but they sure have had an influence on me!  Here's a few pictures of my last day in Primary.  













I have felt this way about almost every calling I've had, but this one really is my favorite!  :)  It was supremely challenging - emotionally, physically and spiritually.  I wouldn't have traded my years in Primary for anything!  I loved being in there with all 5 of my kids and singing and teaching every week with them.  

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I completely understand! I was just released in May after being our primary president for 3.5 years, plus I have been in other primary callings almost the whole time since Joshua was a baby. It literally took me a few months to figure out how to live life after Primary! I am just now starting to feel comfortable in Relief Society. :)