We have had the neat experience of being in the Payson Temple Celebration! There were about 13,000 youth that were in it! This is from one of the practices with just our dance. I think we had about 20 ish YW and 15 ish YM that participated.
We were also invited to a special Brides Room tour for the YW and their moms. I went as the "mom" for a YW whose mom was out of town. Such a cool thing! I am seriously attached to this temple!!!! (and these girls!!!!)
There are only a hundred pictures from the Celebration Practices and Performance! It was THE coolest thing! I was a leader that got to go and sit with the kids (only 2 from our ward) and keep them entertained, fed, hydrated and happy! :) I loved all the time spent with those crazy teenagers!
These are a few pics from the first practice we had with everyone at Lavell Edwards Stadium. It was crazy chaos!
Luckily, we had a white canopy tent to keep us out of the sun - it didn't help much with the heat! Phew!
Rehearsal of Happy dance.
Our boys.
Bro Van Sweeden was a rock star and carried our heavy cooler of frozen drinks and stuff up the stadium stairs!
Rehearsal of the may pole dance.
Rehearsal of the 2,000 Stripling Warriors
Our girls - I Know That My Redeemer Lives.
Saturday - day of - Rehearsal! Make up! :)
Our boys! - We have a great bunch of kids! I was SO impressed with these kids as we rehearsed, sweat our brains out, got bored, and waited for our turn! They were amazing!
Chris and I - the two leaders on the kids' side! About time to start!!! See those lingering clouds? Uh oh!
The rain started pouring, and lightning was striking! Our Celebration was delayed!!!! We were worried that it was going to be cancelled! The kids were so sad to think that they might not get to perform! We sat while it thundered and stormed! We sang songs, played games, and prayed. We were brought EVEN closer as a ward family that day! Just looking at these pictures makes me tear up! It was such a special thing! Something I will NEVER forget - I don't think these kids will either!
Sitting below the stands, waiting for the storm to pass!
Our ward had extra tickets, and were kind enough to offer them to us!!! The YW/YM that were participating in the Celebration got 3 tickets each, and that was all that was going to get to go! I was thrilled to just go as a leader. When we were told that my whole little family could go, we jumped on it! They were SOAKED by 5:30! What little troopers! I was SOOOO happy to have them there to see the thing that I had been working with the YW for so long and so hard! It meant a lot that I could share it with them in person!!!
We did get pretty soaked! We had to run back to our seats after we realized the rain was really not going to let up soon to save our bags and things that we left there when it started to hail!
Puddles of water EVERYWHERE!
Playing games!
A little out of order, but these are from that morning when we left for the day!
Our view of the parent's side!
Some of our beehives.
One of my YW took this picture of me waving to my kids. Man! When did I get so many smile lines?!
The girls were trying to use my camera to capture a "running" picture. Ha! It didn't turn out so well! I think it was their subject!
Josh took these for me from his seats! The celebration is BACK ON!!!!
Here comes President Eyring!!! And a few other apostles!
White doves!
Stake flag!
The on and off the field runs were incredible! I am shocked no one died! ;)
That boy in the middle is from our ward - he had a solo!
"Winter's on the Wing/Come to my Garden"
"Through Heaven's Eyes"
1941 March
America the Beautiful/Patriots Section
Amazing Grace - bagpipes and band
True to the Faith - Stripling Warriors!
Take Me Out To The Ball Game
Rodeo
Endless Night/Redeemer of Israel
We are lined up on the end zones - doing the sign language for the Redeemer of Israel. So cool!
My Girls!!! I Know That My Redeemer Lives
You can kinda see me in the pic below - bottom of the field, in front of the lady in the pink jacket. You can only see my head. :)
RUN!!! Back to our spots! Can you see me running - middle bottom-ish.
Fill the World with Love
Making the rainbow
WOW!!! Can you believe it?! You made it through all the pictures! Such a beautiful experience, and we are SO grateful for our new Payson Temple!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment