Thursday, March 03, 2016

Kaley Basketball

I just can't even!  There are no words to describe how much fun Kaley and I had this year with her basketball team!  I'm pretty sure we only won 1 maybe 2 games, but we improved so much!  Our girls all became friends, we learned a lot, and I think that is so important for girls this age!  They are strong, tough girls that also have such a fun girly side!  It was so fulfilling to be their coach this year!  
Kaley was one of our point guards, so she had lots of fun bringing the ball down and setting up plays. 







 We took the girls to the BYU women's basketball game one evening.  There was some crazy things that happened that night.  We went on a Thursday night, so I had to teach until 5:15, and the game started a 6.  So we left as soon as we could.  Mark, the assistant coach, works right next door to the Marriott Center, so he was passing out tickets to the girls and parents as they got there.  Mark's family ate dinner up at his office and were coming down to go to the game.  Mark's wife, Rachel, fell down a couple stairs while holding their little 2 year old Naomi, and she broke her ankle.  It was bad!  I took their other 3 kids to the game so Mark could take Rachel to the ER.  We watched the game and had a blast.  They were still at the hospital by the end of the game, so I drove their kids to their aunt and uncle's house in Spanish Fork.  Rachel and Mark had to stay overnight - it was a bad break at the bottom of her leg - both leg bones broke!  So she had surgery Saturday and was able to come home by Sunday.  It was rough!  I was glad we could help!

 Down on the floor doing the Chicken Dance!




Kaley had a few visitors come watch her for a few games!  I don't think I got pics of them all though!  

 We had an end of the season party at our house too! 


 Mark's little boy, Ian, has a crush on me.  He told his dad that he would miss Lydia's coach when basketball was over. :)  So sweet!  


 Dance party!



 I loved seeing this at the end of the night!  I love those girls!  I will miss seeing them each week!

No comments: