Friday, July 08, 2016

Piano Olympics

I had a group lesson/party/recital in May for my piano students.  We did an Olympic theme.  We did Keys: our performance part - each student played 2 songs. 
Notes: a review game of notes.  You know, the game where you switch seats if you have that kind of note?  It was super cute!

Intervals: they paper plate-skied in a circle, grabbing interval cards off the table on one end.  When all the cards were gone, they had to add up their intervals to see how many points they got.  




The other parts were:
Rhythm - it was like the game Telephone but with a rhythms!  Pretty funny!
Terms and Symbols:  This one was a balloon activity where they had to swat the balloon back and forth between a partner.  When it fell, they had to come "battle" with each other and see who could tell me what the symbol was the fastest.  

I sure do love teaching these kiddos!  I have 15 students, and they do keep me busy!  :)



No comments: