Tuesday, we were up and exploring early! We started at the La Jolla Children's Beach - which is really taken over by seals. ;) We love going here to see the seals. This whole coast of La Jolla is just beautiful! The rocks, the sand, the waves. It's fantastic.
Izzy LOVES Josh - she really adores him. We said the whole trip, that the reason why she loved Josh so much was because he was the only one who hadn't put Izzy in her carseat. (Remember, we rented a 15 passenger van, took out 2 seats, and drove to CA with Danielle, Dave, Sawyer and Izzy. It was SO fun to have road trip partners!)
We went up the coast a bit to Shell Beach. (I don't know if that is it's real name, that is just what the kids call it!)
I literally cried after I took this picture. I'm not even sure why. I just love the bond that these two have. Sure, they fight like siblings, but they really are friends. They are "hairs" within the same height. I love hearing these two talk about "life." I think this is the reason why I love family trips so much. I love doing new things together, having favorite places - without our school friends, and have uninterrupted family time. It is so priceless. Especially as these kids are growing up and want to hang out with friends, have team commitments, and church commitments. Family time is just more and more important! We were talking just the other night about the timing of missions with our kids. I got teary eyed as we started figuring out when T turns 18, and Kaley turns 19... It's just too close!!! I'm just ready to STOP time! I'm sure every mom feels that way sometimes, but it was pretty overwhelming to realize how fast time is flying. So for now, I will soak up these captured moments!
After La Jolla, we drove out to Coronado Beach. It was another beautiful beach - now filled with SO many memories! The wives went out to play in the waves with the hubbies - mostly we just got thrashed by the waves! I think this was the beach that Dave threw up in! There was a pretty serious rip tide going on out there - the life guard told the boys to move a couple times. Dave was turned around, he got on his feet and threw up! Josh and Dave were laughing pretty hard after that! The girls were safely planted back on the beach by then!
Mom, Dad and Lyss went back to the hotel, and the rest of us tried to catch the tide pools at Point Loma. By the time we parked and walked over to the tide pool part, they were kicking people out. Someone had fallen and there were emergency workers there trying to get her out. So we had to leave.
We had dinner again back at the hotel - we did Snap Chat for a while and laughed way too hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment