Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Oregon Trip: Sand Dollar Hunting and Cape Disappointment State Park

Wednesday started bright and early!  We went to Sandy Beach at 6:30/7 am to hunt for sand dollars!  You have to go at low tide early in the morning to get the best!  It was so fun!  I'm sure our kids could have been there all day!  They came home with a dozen each, at least!  I loved watching them call to each other, chase after the waves, and bond.  It was perfect.










Josh somehow had his phone out to capture the moment that KJ lost her fitbit, and then I found it somehow in the sand!  We were shocked!  

Later that day, we drove across a big bridge to the Washington side.  We visited Cape Disappointment State Park.  
First we saw North Head Lighthouse.  It was under construction, so we didn't get to tour the inside.  It was still a pretty cool view!


Just a favorite picture of me and Kjersta! BFFs.




We took a little hike and saw some beautiful bushes.  Everywhere we looked, we saw rhododendrons and azaleas.  They were breathtaking!




We hiked up to the other lighthouse there - the Cape Disappointment Lighthouse.  I'm not really sure why it is "disappointing" - it was stunning to me!






All these beautiful ferns and greens!  I was obsessed!



We ate our picnic lunch on a beach down below the two lighthouses.  It was beautiful!


We walked out a ways on the jetty - we just love the ocean air and sun!  





SaveSave

No comments: