Thursday, September 21, 2017

DC Trip - Part 2

On Saturday, we headed out to Mount Vernon to see George Washington's home.  We were there on a Colonial Market day, so that was pretty fun!  We saw this guy - he did fire tricks.  We saw him blow fire!

We saw the Washington Tomb.


Pioneer Farm
Part of his property backs up to the Potomac.  


Where his slaves were buried.
More gardens!


We waited for our turn to go inside the house.





We loved seeing his vision!  What a neat place, with complete purpose in everything he planned.  Every little house or garden had a purpose.  And it all was laid out just as he wanted!  Josh and I were drooling!  What a beautiful place!



We went with Jar and David to the Capitol Building.  We saw the beautiful rotunda!







We went to the Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress.  Super cool building!  I loved all the crazy architecture and design!




I love the stained glass windows.  
Crazy ceiling work!

Thomas Jefferson's library had the coolest collection of old books!  I took a picture of this quote - because it is totally my Thomas.  "I cannot live without books."  
Cute JoJo crawled around and took a few steps in there too!



Found a Putnam relative - I'll have to do my research to see HOW Herbert and I are related...













I can't remember for sure - but I think this was the Supreme Court building.  And look at those doors!



No comments: