What a week we had at Girls Camp this year! It was a Ward camp year, so we chose the place, dates and theme! The prep that goes into a ward camp is intense! Tara Tanner and Emily Davies were SUPERHEROES in orchestrating our fun camp! Our YCL young women were such fun to work with! We chose The Power Within for our theme. The Shenks in our ward offered to let us use their family cabin in Scofield for our location! What a lovely place they have! We were spoiled rotten there!
Emily, Tara and I took up our YCL girls up a day early to decorate, plan and bond before the rest of the girls got there. I loved my time with these ladies!
In prepping for one of my many devotionals for camp, I came across this quote: What it said to me, was that if I want all the things that Heavenly Father wants to bless me with, I need to be a lot less "in the world." Which for me means spending less time on social media. So I decided to take a big break from Instagram and Facebook. I deleted the apps from my phone, and have scaled WAY back. It feels nice to not compare my life to everything I would scroll through every day. I miss seeing what people are doing and seeing big announcements etc., but it has forced me to talk to my friends more often.
The next day, the rest of our cute girlies came! Here's Kaley with a few of her besties - their first year!
The swing was always a hit!
We played by the water - just a mile away from the cabin. Our hosts graciously let us borrow their paddleboats and kayaks - so fun!
We learned about stars and constellations, then went out at looked through a telescope at the sky. It was amazing out there! 
We had Roxy Hatch come teach us yoga one morning. What a heavenly sight! Even with the cows mooing, we had some zen! ;)
We learned about how Satan tries to trick us. He has imitations that are so good that we can be deceived. 
Brother Smith came up and made pizzas for us for dinner! We LOVE his pizzas!!!
I took a couple of my girls down to check their trap for a critter, and they had one!!! They were SO proud! I told them I would take them, but only if they let me take a pic if they caught a critter! These are a couple that don't like the camera! ;)
Snipe hunting!
Ew.
Morning activities! We had friendship bracelet making and boondoggle! We love our Laurels for teaching us new things!
That night, we stayed up WAY too late, eating chips and salsa, laughing til we cried, and bonding. I will never forget this night, and those fun, amazing leaders I was called to serve with! 
Time to go home! These girls. This calling has stretched me more in ways I never knew I needed to be stretched! Although there was girl drama - with beds and groups assigned, I loved this girls camp because I was with these great girls, leaders and my Kaley, and Josh!
9th Ward!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment