November was a doozy! I can't believe how fast it flew by!
Another fellow deacon brought pizza to lunch on his birthday. Sure think these boys are great!
I went on a field trip with Bella and her class to Park City to see where the Olympics were held. Pretty cool! I'd never been!
BYU basketball with my peeps.
Dress ups at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Bountiful.
Jace's best friend had a birthday - they went to Provo Beach Resort. His momma sent me these pics.
Kaley earned her Young Womanhood of Recognition Award! She got her medallion!!! I'm stinking' proud of her!
I also received my Honor Bee.
One of the boys in Thomas' quorum moved away - so they had a goodbye party at YM.
Just a funny thing from work! These kids come up with the funniest things! I swear, I am never bored!
Bella was Betsy Ross at the Wax Museum.
The craziest thing that happened in November though, was this. I started feeling so crummy on Halloween - but I thought that it was just because I walked through the whole neighborhood, in the freezing weather, and hunched over from being cold. It didn't go away for a few days, and by Sunday it was bad. So that was November 4th. They took some blood work, and I went back on Monday for some more blood work and a breath test to look for H. Pylori and stomach ulcers. Results all came back negative, and I was still not feeling great. So Thursday the 8th, I had a scope to check for acid damage or ulcer that way too. Also negative and everything looked great. For some reason the Dr didn't really get back to me until Monday for the next step. Monday night after I taught piano, I went to get an ultrasound to check my gall bladder. Sure enough, the tech could see 5-6 "large stones" - like almost an inch in size each she said. So that was it! On Tuesday, I had a consultation visit with a surgeon, and it was decided my gall bladder had to come out! My surgery was set for Monday the 19th. Monday before Thanksgiving. Josh took me in to surgery - they told us to be there at 8, and called us as we were driving there asking where we were - TWICE! I guess there was a mix up and they told us the wrong time to be there. I got there, was immediately taken back, given a wrist tag, and changed into a gown. I barely said goodbye to Josh after he had done all the checking in, and then was whisked away to surgery! I had 9 large stones, and the dr said he had to "maneuver" to get the gall bladder out! (That was why I was SO bruised!) It was laproscopic, so I have 4 tiny incisions. Josh took care of me Monday. My mom took care of the kids. Dani and kiddos and Lyss came to visit that afternoon. Natalie brought dinner. And a million texts from friends and family made me feel so loved.
Then, Wednesday we headed to Idaho for Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment