I took pizza over to Thomas and his friends for his birthday. These are a few of his buddies from his basketball team that he eats lunch with every day.
Jace had SO many rainy games, cold games, and rained OUT games in May that it was kind of a joke! He was always happy when the sun was finally out and he could play!
Beautiful Spring yard - it was a little late this year with all the rain!
Thomas' birthday! BIG 1-3! Another teenager in the house! Lucky for me, he is a gem of a teenager! He still loves to help in the kitchen and will make dinner a couple times a week for/with me! The thing that makes Thomas the most teenager-esque is when I ask him to practice his piano! He is good about helping around the house, does yard work with Josh, and is a good brother to his sisters (most of the time). He's a great kid and pretty fun to have around! We love to get him laughing and have found he has a pretty funny sense of humor!
We gave T his own set of golf clubs this year. He has had a set that is a mix of clubs from DI, hand me downs and random finds. He was thrilled!
We had family down to see the girls in the musical and we celebrate T's birthday!
A fun thing about working in the school is seeing my kiddos doing regular school things! Jace and Soph were lunch workers in May!
Kaley's team took the championship for soccer!
Jace and Sophie's teacher, Mr Radd, leading the lunch recess in a dance off! This was the funniest recess! It was "eat outside day" and we had music playing while they ate their lunches outside. Music outside turned into a couple of groups of kids dancing and showing off for each other - it was Bella's group of friends and Jace's group of friends, weird enough! Then Mr Radd came out and really got the party started!
My fun "Made it through the school year" manicure! I needed a serious pick me up after all the inside recess days and cold outside recess days!
Just a little SF news - the laundry mat on Main Street was knocked down and there will be a new gas station going in. I took the picture to send to Josh who was out of town that day.
I had a crazy idea for my Spring Piano Recital! I had a hard time finding a day/evening that I could hold a recital either at the church, or at the Angelus Theater, so I got a little creative! Josh had suggested that I do a digital recital. Just record the students at our house and put them on Youtube and send them out to parents. That evolved into a hair-brained green screen idea! I tried a couple of different "green screens" before I found that the Dollar Store lime green plastic table cloths were going to work the best! So I taped up the table cloths on my walls, moved the piano for lighting, and did a trial run! I used my camera on a tripod - and that was perfect! Then the best part! I let the kids choose what their background picture was going to be! So Elsie played Maple Leaf Rag from Main Street in Disneyland! McKay played Bohemian Rhapsody from Live Aid with Freddie Mercury. It was AWESOME!!! Totally a different kind of work for a recital, but it was so fun to see the results!
I also decided that I would take a break from teaching this Summer. I haven't had a month or longer break since the twins were born, and I was feeling totally burned out! I will still teach my kids all Summer, and that will be nice to be able to focus on them. I've also decided I need to adjust when I do my lessons after school. Even if I need to do 3 days, I need to start a little later, like 3:30. The 15 minutes I had been allowing myself for after school is just not cutting it for time with my kids. They are really great at coming home, getting a snack and chatting with me, but on piano days I feel like it's cut too short. They are usually gone out the door to play by 3:30/3:45 after chores, homework and piano practicing are done. Hopefully this slight adjustment can help after school times run smoother!
On Lagoon Day for my Jr High kids, Kaley had a brunch to go to with her friends that also didn't go to Lagoon. It was just me and Thomas! I didn't have to work until lunch recess, so we went golfing in the morning. It was chilly - I had on my winter coat, but we had fun!
Thomas had his first true birdie on one of the last holes. He was pretty thrilled!
I think I wore my winter coat at lunch recess the whole last week of school! Pretty ridiculous, if you ask me!
Last day of school fun! Bella had breakfast with a bunch of friends and their mom drove the crew to school!
Kaley, Hannah and Olivia came to say hi at Riverview while I worked lunch recess.
Bella and Mrs Hollister
Sophie and Mr Radd
Jace and Mr Radd
Thomas got BRACES!!!! The week after school got out, he was set to get braces on. He was pretty excited - our orthodontist does "Y" brackets on the front 2 teeth for an extra price. Warren had run a deal a year back where they did the upgrade Y brackets for free, and Thomas talked Dr Warren into giving us that deal! Woot!
We went to the Zoo with cousins! It was nice to go at the beginning of the Summer when not all of Utah was out of school, and it was still cool!
I had taken this selfie to sent to Josh to show him how happy I was with the sun shining, and hanging out with the kids.
Then we went into the Stinky House, and a BIRD POOPED IN MY HAIR!!!!
Not so happy, and totally grossed out!
Kaley passed out in the car on the way home!
There are WAY too many pictures to try to go back and fix the order on these! Thomas had his end of year Orchestra Concert. He has done great with the cello this year!
Bella had her 5th Grade Track Meet!
Kaley had her end of year Choir Concert. She has loved being in Bel Canto - she tried out for Chamber Choir for next year and made it, so we are looking forward to that!
Jace and Sophie participated in the school Talent Show. Jace played his Spiderman song - Sunflower - complete with costume!
Sophie player Lava for her song - also in costume as a hula girl. Dang cute!
Kaley got an award for participating in Hope Squad this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment