Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sugar cookies, Stories and Snow!

For FHE this week, we made sugar cookies and frosting - both of which didn't really turn out that great. (We ended up turning to our back up plan and baking pre-made sugar cookies with Christmas trees on them!) I am in need of a good (fool proof) sugar cookie and frosting recipe. Please share. Needless to say, the kids had a fun time playing with flour and cookie cutters!







Good helpers - Thomas and Bella can help feed the babies too!

Story time! This way, everyone can see the pictures! (and Dad get an arm work out!)

The other day, I bundled up the kids and let them play out in the snow for a little bit, until they begged to go inside! It was SO freezing cold!


Look at all those PINK cheeks! Don't worry, I warmed them up right with some hot chocolate and blankets by the fire! What cute kids!


Christmas card note: To save on money this year, I will be sending out our Christmas card via email. I didn't want to not do one completely, but wanted to be frugal. Please send me your email address if you would like one! :) Thanks!

5 comments:

Ben N Nessa said...

Haha! Love the picture of Josh holding the book so all can see...LOL! You have had some WONDERFUL Christmas activities for the kids! Maybe we need to come over for a day!

Haley said...

I have the same problem with sugar cookies. Mine always tasted more like a loaf of bread than a cookie! I would love a Christmas card .. you know the email address. :)

Jenny and Al said...

I want a card! You have my email already. :)

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun! The babies sure our getting big.

I have a really good cookie recipe that I posted on this blog: http://radrecipes.blogspot.com/search/label/cookies . It is called Soft Sugar Cookies, and I have a picture on their too. It's my grandma's recipe and it is yummy - just don't overbake them! :) We are making them this week ourselves!

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Excuse the many typos in that post! ;)