
So, this week, I started a dance class for Kaley. Yes, I put it together and held it at my house! It was for purely selfish reasons. I wanted to be able to say how much it would cost, what the girls wore, and what they would dance to. So I "hired" Danielle, my sister who is a freshman at BYU, to be the instructor. She is MORE than qualified, and was so excited! Basically, I am the "manager." I just run the show and hold it at our house, and Danielle does all the dancing! It works out perfectly! The girls all came in their black leotard, tights and ballet shoes. They all looked SO adorable! Kaley had her outfit on 5 HOURS before the class started, just to make sure she would be ready in time! She couldn't wait! We even put her hair in a "messy bun" so she could be a real ballerina! Wow. I love that she is so girly!



Thomas had a hard time understanding that this was just a class for girls! He saw Kaley getting her new outfit and she was so excited for it, he just thought he could play along too! It broke his heart to not be in it, but I think he will be ok with it. I am going to have to set up little play dates with him on Dance days. I let him get dressed in his "exercise clothes" so he could feel special too! What a kid! He stayed upstairs and played puzzles, ate popcorn and watched a movie with Gram Gram and Bella.


Miss Danielle did such a good job and all the girls LOVED her!



She went around and "fixed" their hands. They are all so eager to please! So sweet!

Here's Kaley making sure she is doing it right! Precious!


Doing the "across the room" section of Dance class. (I moved all the furniture around so that there would be enough room for movement!) :)

Last little part, learning how to curtsy. Oh. My. Goodness. These girls are too stinkin' cute! I am so glad I started this! The best part of my day was when Kaley was doing her "across the room" something or other and gave me a big kiss on the cheek at the end and said, "I love you Mom!" It made my heart melt! Worth all the work!
Another bonus about having Dance class is that Kaley was EXHAUSTED by the end! She changed right out of her leotard into her pjs! She was BEGGING to go to bed by 6! She is such a sporty little gal, and can certainly dance!
4 comments:
That's an awesome idea! I love it! Way to take charge of the situation. I can hardly wait until Erin's old enough for dance classes.
What a cute idea! And how convenient that you have such a talented sister! You are right, they all looked so adorable. :)
ps- As if you have 5 kids! Remember when we were in YW together?? Ya, that seems like a lifetime ago!
Okay first off, you are not selfish at all. You are the most unselfish person I know.
I love the pictures and Hanny just loves the class. She also wore her leotard and skirt the whole entire day.
What a great idea! How fun to have it at your house too!
Post a Comment