
On Friday, we had a family date. I made us some chicken salad sandwiches and we took it to the park! The kids love our family date nights! After dinner, we played at the park for a while. The kids love the slides and swings. Jace even had his first slide experience (Thomas had to show him how it was done!). What a good big brother!






I love watching my kids play nicely together! This picture says it all! Kaley and Thomas were laughing so hard! They were making Jace giggle while he was swinging! Such a funny thing!



We take up all the swings! Kaley helped Dad push the babies and I pushed the bigger kids. Someone asked us if we had two sets of twins! They saw Bella and Thomas and thought they were twins too! Can you imagine?!



Saturday, Josh surprised me by saying he wanted to go run errands. (He is usually a home-body on Saturdays!) We went to Target and to IKEA. It was so much fun! The kids had to stop at every couch set and watch whatever movie was playing. It was cracking me up! They had little pencils and papers and were making their "lists" of things they liked. Bells was hilarious! Kaley would ask us how to write all kinds of random things like, "pink chair," "TV," and "dress ups." That girl loves to write! She takes after her Mommy with her love of lists!






Of course, we had to let them play on the toys there for a while! Thomas loves the train set! Kaley played kitchen, and Bella played with everything! The babies were so good, and just hung out in their stroller. We came home and played outside for the rest of the day. It was perfect! (well, we did still have kids that fought, kids who didn't take naps, and aching feet by the end, but you get the idea!)

Monday, I watched Lacie's boys while she had a Dr appointment. The kids played so nice, I had to snap a couple pictures! They were playing Jenga, and Max and Kaley were doing really well! Jake and Bella were just building towers and trying to "help" the big kids.

.jpg)
Lately, we go on walks almost daily. The kids crack me up with their interpretations of signs. Kaley is starting to read, and so she feels like she is an "expert." If you have been to our neighborhood, you know that we have BIG green boxes everywhere! Really, in almost every yard! There are a bunch behind our house on the trail. The other day, Kaley and Thomas were huddled by one of the "reading" the sticker on it. Here's what it looked like:
.jpg)
Translation: Thomas (from what Kaley told him): "There is a big, mean rhino in this box and if you open it, it will get you!"
And other one:

Thomas: "If you open this box, a BIG monster with lightning hair will pop out and poke you with his hair and shock you backwards!
Oh my! I laughed so hard when they told me this! I made Josh take a picture with his phone! The kids say things like this all the time, and I need to do better at writing them down!
3 comments:
Cute pictures! We need to go on more family dates with our kids, that is a great idea. I love how K and T thought that a Rhino and a monster come out of the boxes. Flippin' Hilarious!
Hahaha...Love her interpretation of the signs! How fun to learn to read :) I love all of the pics and am looking for our park-play date, soon! :)
sooooo cute!!--I love the monster with lightning hair! haha! Your kids are adorable and you look gorgeous, as always :) :) :)
Post a Comment