First thing Birthday morning, we went to the park to do the babies favorite thing: SWINGING! They just love playing on the swings. It was a perfect morning for the park too, by the afternoon a storm had blown in and it was windy!
In the afternoon, we opened presents. All the kids helped!
I love this one! They were all just sitting in a line helping the babies open presents.
Bella interacts so funny with the babies. She is always making silly faces to make them laugh.
Oh yeah, did I mention Sophie is WALKING?!?!?! She takes little, carefully calculated steps all the time. She has branched out to standing from flat floor by herself without help. She will walked between the exersaucers and she gets so proud of herself!
Bella taking Jace's picture. CHEESE!
2 little birthday cakes! Singing to the babies!
Blow out the candles!!! I love this picture! (Jarilyn was there to help us celebrate!)
The babies were so funny with the cake. They both just dug right in. Sophie picked hers up, and shoved it in her face! Not even a pause! Jace was right behind her!
I really think they both ended up eating most of their cake! That is a first for us! Our other one year olds played in the cake and ate a few bites, but these two just went for it and ate it all!
After the kids were in bed, Josh and I escaped to St George for a mini get-away. Josh had a business meeting at noon on Friday, so I went with him. Jarilyn stayed with the kids overnight, and took care of them Friday. It was heaven! We slept in, swam in the pool, caught some sun, and took our time getting ready. Josh dropped me off at the Outlet Mall while he went to his meeting. I shopped, ate a quiet lunch by myself, shopped some more, got a pedicure, and finished off with ice cream. It was perfect! Josh and I had real, uninterrupted conversations and I even took a nap on the drive home! Thanks Babe for the break! And, THANK YOU to Jarilyn for watching the kids!
Saturday morning, we went to Coxes to swim. We had a little breakfast before we all headed out. The babies loved their first cinnamon roll.
This picture is showing the bigger kids in the background fighting with their guns. They were being so funny, (and loud!).
Here we are all swimming. It has been a long time since I have seen that many people in their pool!
Thomas jumping
Bella jumping
Grandma jumping! Look at that form! All the grandkids LOVED it!
T jumping
T again - this kid is an animal! He was trying to splash Jarilyn's friend Lindsey. We were thinking he had a little crush on her!
Flirting some more....
Kaley's turn to jump
A birthday picture with Grandpa and Grandma. So sweet!
We stopped in Sandy after swimming for lunch and a party with Putnams.
I don't know what this face is....but I like it!
Kaley brought out the presents, and Jace attacked! He started climbing all over it. Eventually, the paper ripped and the real opening began.
Sophie was obviously pretty excited! She opens her mouth as big as she can when she is happy. (I guess the same could be said when she is not happy!) :)
Time #2 with cake was no different than the first! They both dug right in, and enjoyed it!
Sophie's face and waving hand says it all right here:
"Thanks for the special birthday! We love you!"
5 comments:
Hey Crystal this is Brandi from the ward. I saw your blog address on your fb page. Your kids are so cute and your an awesome mom. You are so patient and cute with your kids. I can see how happy being a mommy makes you.
What cuties! It looks like they had a great birthday!
What a great weekend! I'm glad that you had plenty of celebrations and that you even got some time to yourself! You deserve it!
Oh my gosh, I love those babies. They are so cute. I love Soph's smile, she is such a doll and Jace is such a little man, he is so cute!
It looks like they had a great birthday!
What a lot of birthday fun! Those babies are so loved. I guess they don't really seem like babies anymore. How did the year pass by so quickly?
Post a Comment