Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Snow Daze!!!

 This week, Josh had to go down to St. George to meet with some clients.  We sent Daddy some Sophie kisses in a text.  Who wouldn't love seeing those fishy lips first thing in the morning?  :)

 This is what super dad did while I was away with my sisters and mom on Saturday.  The kids built a snowman with the neighbor kids.



 Then, they took to the backyard to make a Frosty back there too!



 Unfortunately, it rained pretty hard that night, and this is what we woke up to.  Poor Frosty.  

 This is what we do in the car to entertain the babies.  I had a left over cookie sheet in the car from delivering treats to neighbors, so we let the babies bang on it!  Hey, it kept them happy!
 Gingerbread House Demolition
I have decided that there is NO point in making the gingerbread house if you don't get to eat some of it.  I don't remember EVER eating the candy off the house (unless we were sneaking it!).  So I let the kids take it apart, and eat themselves silly.  

 Monday, we had snow all day long.  I let the kids play outside in it, and we made another snowman.  We had to dig out his had and scarf from under all the snow, but we did find them!

 Here we are all bundled up Monday to play in the snow with friends.  



 The babies loved eating their snowballs.  




 All the kids were throwing snowballs, but I thought Jake was the cutest with Kaley.  He was so funny to watch!  I loved the way he would scrunch up his little nose when he was bracing for snow!  








 After the kids were done in the front yard, we went to the back yard to build our snowman.

 Tuesday, it was STILL snowing!  Our poor snowman was buried!!!  And, SCHOOL WAS CANCELLED!!!!  Normally, I think kids would be excited Winter Break started a day early, but Kaley was devastated!  She had the Traditions Show and Tell bucket, AND it was supposed to be her Elf Party!  So, I had to act fast to turn that frown upside down and we had our own party at home.  All.  Day.  Long.  :)




 Josh probably shoveled for 2 hours in the morning. He did our driveway and helped shovel out anyone that got stuck, which ended up being 5 or 6 people.  
 WE stayed in our pjs all day and.......

We crafted.....


 We played in the snow... 
 Here they all are eating their snow cones.  





 Our winter wonderland!


 I even let Jace and Sophie out to play in the snow!  








 Love these two little snow monsters!  The snow is almost as tall as Jace!


 Here they are building a snow fort igloo in the neighbor's yard.  

 We sledded.....








 And that was just in the morning!  After naps we made sugar cookies!

 Then, it was back outside for more snowball fights!!!  

It was one super fun, long, tiring day!  :)  We are glad for such fun neighbors to get snowed in with!  

1 comment:

Haley said...

Wow! Can I come live at your house? You have such a great way of changing a bad day into a good one!