Tuesday, January 06, 2015

San Diego - Part 5

Here are the rest of the beach day pics!  

Believe it or not, I even boogie boarded!  I did not wear make up or do hair this day on purpose so that I could enjoy the sun and sea!  The water was cold, but really I warmed up to it pretty fast!  I handed off the camera to Kaley to capture my boogie boarding!  She did a great job!  


 Josh's wipe out!








 Jace's turn with Dad!






 Some of those waves out there were getting big!  



 Sophie's turn!







 And Bella!

 Bells had a rough first time - she slid off the board and caught a good mouthful of water.  


 But she tried again!  


 Chasing seagulls.





 These two!  Jace and Soph decided to lay out the boards on the beach and just wait for the waves to come and move them!  It was pretty funny to watch!

















It was a beautiful day!  We had to check out by 11:30, so we swam right up until 11:30 and handed in our keys.  Then we drove down the beach a bit to Mission Beach and walked up and down that beach, looking for sea shells, and chasing sea gulls.  We showered off at the beach showers and changed clothes to start heading home.  It felt like a crime to get in the car and drive on a sunny, 80* day!  We left around 2 and got to the hotel in Mesquite around 9 that night.  It was too cold there to swim in their non-heated outdoor pool, so we just crashed and went to bed.  :)  

The next morning was Christmas Eve.  We were up and out of Mesquite by 8 am.  :)  We were excited to head home and start Christmas Eve traditions!  

No comments: