Monday, May 02, 2016

Freshman Fifteen Reunion Day 1

This trip has been in the works for years!  We haven't been together in 5 plus years!  Sure, 2 of us have been together since then, but the dynamic threesome has not been together in forever!  We coordinated schedules and met in Las Vegas!  I rented a tiny car and drove down, picked up Kjersta and then we both awaited Olson's arrival!  We were pretty clever and made a quick sign at the airport. :)
 First things first, eat!  We found a quick sandwich joint (which had a snowing ceiling), and ate a delish sandwiches!
 We dropped off our things at the condo where we were staying and then headed out to see some sights!  We drove out to the Hoover Dam - none of us had been, and it was a great drive to chat and catch up!  




 I don't think I actually knew that the Hoover Dam was on the line between Nevada and Arizona!  






 The wind was intense!  But it was a dry heat! ;)  


 I had on a skirt - so the Marilyn Monroe incidents were a plenty!  I took pictures with my skirt between my legs!  Trendy, I know!

Then we hit the Strip!  We stopped at the M&M store - I just HAD to see this wall of M&Ms!  We tried the "new" M&M flavors - none of which I would actually buy, but I don't pass up free samples!  

 We put our name on the list for dinner at BurGR - a Gordon Ramsay restaurant.  The wait was going to be a while, so we walked over to the Bellagio in hopes to see the famous fountains!  The wind was too crazy, so the show was cancelled. :(  
 I was, however, slightly violated by these two characters!  They kept coming up to us and giggling (creepily) in my ear!  Note the fear in my eyes!



Our dinner was lovely!  We shared delectable sweet potato fries with powdered sugar.  Yum!  And we splurged and got milk shakes here too!  I'm pretty sure you are just supposed to take pictures of your food at fancy restaurants, so here's mine!  


What a lovely reunion day!  With full bellies and happy hearts, we headed back to the condo for some rest before another fun-filled day!  

No comments: