Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy Birthday Josh!

Today is Josh's 29th birthday! Hooray! (Am I old enough to be married to a 29 year old?!) :)
Our "real" celebration of his birthday will be Friday though. We are dropping off the kids at Grandma's and having a night away! So, today is just chill. We will have Cafe Rio for dinner, and the kids drew Josh pictures.
The 29 greatest things about Josh: (not in any particular order)
1. His patience!
2. His Daddy skills
3. Those handsome blue eyes - I wish we could pass that gene onto all our kids!
4. Working hard every day to provide for our family
5. His wit
6. His wisdom :)
7. Dedication to the Church and our Savior
8. Amazing ability to figure things out! He built shelves in the garage, closets and a organizer for me in the pantry.
9. His red hair! I can only dream of having a little red-head of my own. Josh doesn't think it could happen though.
10. His addiction to all things gadgets. He is passing it on to his kids! Kaley loves his iPod as much as he does! She really knows how to work it!
11. His love for reading.
12. His love for music. I didn't think I could find anyone who appreciated a wide variety of music like I do. He still doesn't enjoy my punk music, but we are working on it!
13. How he plays ball with Thomas.
14. How he helps out in the middle of the night with the kids!
15. How he makes dinner! The other day, Josh made meatloaf, potatoes, and carrots from his Mom's recipe! I was so impressed!
16. How he knows just what I need - whether it's to cry, laugh or just be quiet.
17. His ability to serve.
18. His golf skills. We haven't been together in a while, but I hear he's pretty good! :)
19. How he jumps in scary movies! He jumps more than I do!
20. How he plays in the snow with the kids. They just LOVE sledding with him!
21. His love of all things sweet! It is fun to have a buddy to indulge in sweets with! Although, this next year, we are going to be better at not having so many! :)
22. How he puts up with me! He does so good with my many short comings!
23. I love how Josh gets a little queasy around needles! :) I just laugh when I think about how he has to leave the room when I get epidurals! :)
24. He LOVE for organizing! He cracks me up at how he organizes things!
25. His motivation - when he has it. He started a CD organizing kick, and it kills me how motivated he is to do it!
26. His love for his family. Not just our little family, but his parents and siblings. He cares so much for each one of them. They are thought about and prayed for often!
27. His not-caring about what I want to do for house decor! I love having the freedom to make our house a home without worrying that Josh will not like it. We have such similar tastes, that he trusts me!
28. How Thomas looks up to him, Kaley adores him, and Bella snuggles him! What a good Daddy!
29. How Josh proposed. I know this is cheesy, but he is a romantic! I love that he still will "woo" me! He is my Prince!

There you have it! I am married to the greatest "old man" there is! :) I love you, Babe! Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Jordan said...

Happy Birthday Chief!

alanna said...

Ahh. So sweet. I'm glad you posted this list. I didn't know a lot of those things about Josh. I'm glad you two are so happy!

AngieVach said...

Happy Birthday Josh! And Crystal - you're right.... great minds think alike! :o) Awesome background.

Aaron and KJ said...

Happy Birthday to the WW! We love you!

Ben N Nessa said...

Happy Birthday, Lil' Cousin Joshy :) You are awesome!

Steph said...

Vanessa's comment is classic...why did we ever start calling Josh, "lil' cousin Joshy" ??? :)

I think he's 29 years young! Ryan turns 27 this year and Ben turns 28! We're way behind you in the kid department...Josh has accomplished a lot in 29 years! ;)

Staci said...

It's true- he's the best. I'm just lucky to have known and been taken care of him (almost) 24 of those years! I'm so grateful he has a wife that truly understands what a catch he is!! Love you Josh!

Bree said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Your still younger than Owen!lol (He's turning 31 this May) So Crystal... You are just fine being married to a 29 year old! I'm 24! (:

Janelle said...

Cox,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend. I hope you had a great day and sorry for not calling. I am a slacker. I am glad you and your family are doing so well.

Bryan