This week, I am thankful for my thrifty, frugal parents who let me borrow their carpet cleaner to clean my carpets. All week, I have roped off parts of the house and cleaned carpets. Wow! It sure has been alot of work, but it will save us BIG money! It feels so good knowing that I can do big things like this! The kids have been very patient with me, and are pretty good about not going on the wet carpet.
I am thankful for Josh. It seems like I am thankful for him alot on Thursdays, but it is what it is! Last night for our RS activity, we had a brother in our ward talk about strengthening our marriages. He used Elder Nelson's talk from 2006 conf. and a book about the 5 languages of Love. Listening to his comments, I realized that I don't know what my "love language" is, but I think my husband does! Or maybe he doesn't. :) What ever he is doing is working though! Josh takes care of me in EVERY single one of the love languages. I don't think I could pick out just one that he does better, or that I like more. All I have to say, is that I am pretty lucky to have such a catch!
I'm thankful for my BFFs. We had a fun time last night at the RS activity. It is just so great to have friends to go to things like that with. They make the activity SO much more fun!!! They keep me sane, and smiling!
I am thankful for Thomas this week. T had some extra time with me this week, and we built a Lego plane. I don't think I have ever really played Legos, so it was quite the experience. He was patient with me, and told me that I was actually a pretty cool mom for building Legos with him. :) That made me smile. Another Thomas smile came last week when I realized he had his first crush! I picked him up from preschool, and he had a substitute teacher that day. He jumped in the car and said, "I had so much fun with Miss Natalie today! She is just so cute!" I casually asked him what he thought made her look so cute (trying to hold back a giggle and a huge smile!). He said, "She has the prettiest blue eyes and such loooonnnggg pretty hair!" Now, I must admit, she does have really stunning eyes, and just "normal" looking hair. I can only imagine what Thomas saw through his eyes! :) Needless to say, I will have to keep my eyes peeled for little girls with blue eyes and long hair in the years to come! They can only mean trouble for this little boy! :)
Last, I am thankful for trains. I know, weird huh?! They have opened up this whole world for the babies, and they are fascinated with them! I put on a Baby Einstein this week so I could mop the kitchen floor. The babies sat in their high chairs and watched for the full 30 minutes!!! It had trains in it. I also have a text "ding" that is a "choo choo" sound. I just love when it "dings" because for the next 5 minutes, Sophie and Jace walk around Choo-choo-ing! A-dorable!
What are you Thankful for today?
2 comments:
Nice list! I love that Thomas has his first crush. No surprise, he's going to be a ladies man! :)
so cute about those two choo-chooing! I can just hear it!
Post a Comment