So my little buddy has been such a good sport this week! Last Friday, I took him into the Dr, who then sent us to get an ultrasound, and found out that Jace had a hernia. We were told to get surgery Monday/Tuesday the next week. Well, since Monday was Halloween, and I had a few other things on my plate, we opted for Tuesday. I made, what I thought was the appointment for surgery, and it turned out to just be a consult appointment with the surgeon. Nice. We then scheduled surgery for the next day on Wednesday.
This pic is of Jace in the car with just me on the way to his appointment with the surgeon.
We checked in early at the hospital. Jace was a happy boy, and charmed all the nurses. :)
They gave him some Versed (sp?) to help him not care when they took him from me. He was cracking me up! He wanted to sing the Turtle Song. So we sang it. He tried to clap along, and couldn't really control his arms, so they just kept falling to his sides. Every time he tried to clap, he missed. It was so funny, and so sad at the same time!
The surgery took a little over an hour, and they brought him back to me a little sad. He sounded hoarse and scratchy. They said it was from being intubated. He drank and ate just fine right after they brought him out. So after a little bit, we were OK to go!
He couldn't wait to get the IV line out of his arm!
The next day was full of snuggles, movies and chilling. He also got to keep his Bear and BingKing (binky) all day. :)
Today, Friday, he is really doing well. He has slept through the nights, and is good during the day. His poor throat still sounds awful! He really sounds like he has bronchitis or croup. We have a humidifier going in his room, and today I gave him a breathing treatment. He is wheezing and gasping all the time. Poor baby. The nurse from the surgeon's office said it is common, and as long as it is not accompanied by fever, he is ok. That doesn't mean it makes me any less nervous.
Through all this, I am thankful for great friends, family and neighbors. We have such a GREAT support group here. I feel so loved! Thank you to everyone for your prayers, kind words, check ins, texts, calls, and visits!









2 comments:
Poor baby! I hope is recovery goes smoothly. I'll be praying for you!
Ohh, hope he is doing okay! He is such a cute little guy.
Post a Comment