Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Year's Eve Party

 New Year's Eve is usually just like any other night at our house, just with more treats and games.  Everyone still goes to bed at normal bedtime.  It's just better that way, for now.  :)  We started off our evening with home made pizzas.  The kids love making their own pizzas, and we are perfecting our pizza recipe.  Then we played our new game that Drew and Em gave us for Christmas - HedBanz.  It was a fun game!  Each person has a card on their head, and they ask questions to figure out what is on their card.  
 When I saw this picture, I had to laugh!  I told Josh, "No wonder people ask me if the kids are mine!  I look like I'm 12!"  






 Then we played bubbles.

 One of our treats was movie theater popcorn.  :)  My favorite!  Our theater here dropped it's prices super low, so you can get a large bucket for $3!!!  

 Then we bundled up for some fireworks!  We had a packet left over from July, and we were hoping it was still good.  It did not disappoint!







Then we came inside and warmed up with showers.  After everyone was clean and dressed, the kids watched Cars 2 while I made donuts!  






And, everyone was in bed by 7:15 pm.  Just how I like it!  

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Haley said...

Homemade donuts? Oh that sounds wonderful! I love your sweater by the way. :)