Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Break - Part 1

Last week was Spring Break for the kids.  We sure had a lot of fun!  I tried to document our activities as much as possible, so that I can remember all the fun things we did.  Each day we tried to do our chores, then a craft or treat, and something outside fun.  Here is Monday:

After our chores were done (rooms clean, beds made, laundry started, floors swept, dishwasher unloaded and breakfast dishes done, and downstairs vacuumed) we did our craft!  We made little birds nest treats.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest, but I'm not sure I'll do it again.  I didn't like how they tasted, and they got hard pretty fast.  The kids didn't mind though!  I loved Jace's little nest with more than the few eggs I told them to put in each.  :)


 Then we all packed our lunch and took a bike ride (read: bike race) to the park.  With Kaley, Thomas and Bella on big 2-wheelers, and me pulling the twins in the trailer, we get there pretty fast!  We took our picnic to the park and played a bit.


 A trip to the park isn't complete without a potty break.  I just had to laugh at our display of bikes outside the bathrooms.  I just wait outside with all our stuff while I hear singing, talking and yelling from inside the bathrooms.  It really makes me laugh!  :)  
 Then we had quiet time - twin naps - and afternoon chores for the kids.  It was Monday, so they usually help fold the laundry.  It equals out to be about 8-10 loads of laundry each Monday, so I appreciate the help!  We headed out to do some sidewalk chalk creations.  




 Our friends came out a little while later and they played catch.  (Feel free to steal these, Lacie!)  :)



 Tuesday:  After morning chores, we headed out to the Provo Library for story time.  They have the BEST story time there!  You don't have to have a library card there to go to story time.  Kaley, Thomas and Bella went to the 3-5 year old one (with out parents) and I took Jace and Sophie to the toddler one. We all had a good time, and were ready to have some fun when we were done!  We headed over to feed the BYU ducks, but there were NO parking spots!  So I took the kids to Springville to try to find a pond we have visited before.  Somehow, I got lost, but found another pond that had a couple ducks that were hungry.  It worked out just fine, but I really need to find that other pond!  :)
 I'm not sure what everyone thinks is so funny in this picture, but it made my giggle!  
 Tuesday was such a warm day!  One of the kids chores was to clean out and vacuum the car.  After they did that, I surprised them with their fun thing to do!  I let them get their swimsuits on and give the car a WASH!  :)  Everyone loved putting on their new swimsuits!  They all had fun!  Thomas was being especially naughty with the hose, so I took it and sprayed it right down his shirt!  It not only soaked him, but me too.  At least it cooled me off!  :)






 Then, our friends were just on their way over to see a neighbor's new kittens.  The kids got dressed quickly and we went over with them.  I think this was the first time any of the kids had seen or held baby kitties!  













Thanks to the Dymocks for letting us come play with your kitties for a bit!  :) 

There you have it!  Monday and Tuesday of Spring Break!  Just blogging these pictures makes me excited for Summer!  I loved having all my kids home to help with chores and play hard with all week! :)

1 comment:

Haley said...

You are such a good mom! I love your work hard/play hard schedule. When do you start the kids with chores? I've thought about having Izzy do chores, but I'm not sure what she could really do. I'd love some ideas!