Saturday, April 06, 2013

Spring Break - Tuesday: Tracy Aviary

Tuesday, we met Grammie and Danielle at Tracy Aviary for a field trip.  This was part 1 of our field trip day!  It was pouring rain at home, so we were worried that the weather in Salt Lake would be wet too, but it wasn't!  We had a lovely morning!  Tuesdays are free for Pass of All Passes people, so we got in for free!  Perfect!
As you can imagine, this poor duck didn't stand a chance at relaxing on the rail with my kids around.  They got right up close and personal and scared it right away!  


 I just loved this cute little owl!  I could've scooped him right up and taken him home!  
 I ran into my good friend from high school there (Hi Jenny!), and she showed us in the direction of this peacock that was just posing for pictures!  We headed over there and set up for a picture.  Kaley wasn't really into getting super close at first...  We talked her into moving over there for the picture.
Which is about the time that the bird turned around and assumed "the position."  :)  The kids moved just in time, and missed the "bombing" of the bird poop!  What is it with our interactions with animals when they are pooping?!?!  It makes for lovely conversations.  :)
 It really is Spring here!!!
 I loved this little spot for pictures!  
























 My kids' favorite part is when Grammie pays the extra few dollars each to feed the birds.  It is ALWAYS the highlight of the visit!  It's my favorite too because I love the pictures I get from it!  









 These are the only ones Kaley is in because she was having a scared moment around the squawking birds.




 Sophie's face in these is precious.  She was so sweet with the birds.


 Every time we feed the birds here, one lands on Grammie's head.  This time was no different!  One would fly off, and another would take it's spot.  What is it about her hair!?






We had a little picnic out at the park after the Aviary.  It was so much fun!  Thanks to Grammie and Dani for coming with us!  It's always more fun with you!

No comments: