Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Thomas' Field Trip

It is the beginning of Field Trip season!!!  I was super sad that Kaley and Thomas' field trips fell on the same day this year, so I had to only pick one.  I went with Thomas' class, and Kaley was just fine on her farm/gardens field trip. 
On Friday last week, I got to go with Thomas' class to the Natural History Museum.  I was in charge of these 4 boys.  I can tell you that it was a VERY different experience than the last time I went with Kaley's class!  :)  Although I had boys in the group last year, the girls of that group seemed to lead the field trip.  We chatted the WHOLE time.  The museum was merely a place where were talking.  They didn't care as much about the things that we saw.  This time though, the boys were thoroughly entertained by every little thing the museum had to offer.  Everything was explored!  These boys: Adam, Ben, Thomas, and Daxton.  Quite the fun group!
 The boys listened to the story in the Indian room...
 Built a building, and gave it a good earthquake shake.
 We lucked out, because we had the 1st grade expert on dinosaurs in our group.  Really, he knew just about everything there was to know!  He could tell the difference between all the triceratops looking skulls on the wall.  (They all looked the same to me!)  The boys kept asking Ben, "What's this one?  What does he eat?  How do you know what this one is?"  And Ben answered all their questions.  It was like having our own dinosaur guide!  




 We had the latest lunch assignment time, so we were killing time by listening to the astronomy college students from the U that had little tables set up with experiments.  

We eventually got to eat lunch, and then it was back to the buses!  I didn't get to ride the bus with T this time.  There just wasn't room for parents, so I ended up carpooling with a few other friends with 1st graders.  It made for a nice girl chat there and back!  :)  Thanks again Kelli for driving!  :)

No comments: