Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Life Lately

Life around here has been busy.  I am just getting around to updating the blog on all the happenings.  :)  We had a lovely Thanksgiving, and are thriving in our new home and ward.  Here's the update in pictures:
Josh put lights on our house last week.  We had bought 5 new boxes of colored LED lights at the end of the season last year, and that would have been plenty for our old house, but not nearly enough for the new one!  Back to the store we went, and bought 3 more boxes and barely made it work!  Amazing!  It looks pretty awesome though!
 I took the girls to a craft boutique and they saw Santa there!

 We decorated for Christmas.  I love my mantle!  I finally did the Pinterest stocking hanger I've been wanting to do for years!  2 stocking holders, and a curtain rod.  All 7 stockings on it!  SO much cheaper!  
 Here's the house!  It looks even better now that we just got like 8 inches of snow!
 We made count down chains. :)
 Monday, we got our Christmas tree for Family Night.
 T brought home this awesome pic of us from Mother Son night.
 After an afternoon of playing in the snow yesterday (pics to come), there is fall out by the fireplace.  Ugh, Winter is here.
 The thing that has kept me the busiest is my new calling.  I was put in the Young Womens as the secretary.  It is so much fun!  I was really having a hard time coming from being SO involved in Primary and having a part in church each Sunday, to just going to church and not really feeling apart of anything.  I was called into Young Womens, and now I have this great group of ladies as friends and these super awesome girls to get to know.  I taught for the first time on Sunday, and it went really well.  I had stressed about it for weeks.  I could really feel the Spirit there though.  It's amazing how quickly I felt the Savior's love for them.  I'm already pretty attached.  :)  These pics are from our activity last night.  I went with the Beehives (since I'm secretary, I float around each week), and we made graham cracker nativities.  It was a blast!  


1 comment:

Haley said...

I love your idea for hanging stockings! What a revelation. I love that you are in young womens. I can hear you giggling with them now. :)