Saturday was Thomas' BIG 8 year old birthday party! We invited a bunch of boys over to the school yard for some fun and games! Our yard doesn't have grass yet, so we made do with what we know! Thomas was very particular in planning this party. Every thing was pretty much to his specifications. It made it super easy for me! He just wanted to play a million ball games outside with his friends. So we started praying for good weather! We lucked out! It was a little breezy, but overall, just right! We whittled the million games down to about 7 or 8, and pulled it together. T didn't really want any decorations, so that made my life super easy! He requested cupcakes with ball sticks in them, and gatorades for drinks. Lucky for me, gatorades were on coupon at Costco this week, so I was happy! The only downside to having the party at the school, was that there was no bathroom. We made it to the end, but just barely. ;) Thomas had to leave before his friends were all gone because he seriously couldn't hold it anymore! That's what happens when you drink a whole gatorade! :)
All my other kids wanted to come along and see the fun too, and Josh stayed home and worked on sprinklers. I had Lyss come down and help me too. I'm glad she did, because that's the only reason I have as many pics as I do! Thanks Lyss!
We started out by running races. We did 3 groups of 4, and then raced the winners. Next was throwing footballs through the hula hoops.
Next was "banana tag." I had never heard of banana tag, so it was something new to me! Everyone starts out as "it." If you tag someone at the same time they tag you, then you have to "rock, paper, scissors" to see who has to sit down. When the person who tagged you gets tagged and sits, then you can get back up and you're it again with everyone else. Pretty entertaining to watch!
Thomas plays wall ball at recess, so that was on his list of games for the party. Also - very entertaining to watch!
We did dribble drills for a minute, and then played elimination. After one game of elimination, they played revenge. Another form of elimination, but there's only one person out at a time. As soon as one person gets out, the person that was out gets back in.
Break time!
Soccer drills, and goal practice.
Then T wanted to do batting practice.
Opening presents!
This present was my favorite! Someone said, "It looks like you wrapped it with your dad's boxer shorts!"
Awards and whistles - also Thomas' choice. Cupcakes for a treat!
These 9 crazy boys sure made for a fun party!
It was all worth it for this boy!
I like this one for the photo bomb!
I made the mistake of asking for one more picture and this was what I got...
Much better!














No comments:
Post a Comment