Friday, May 09, 2014

Walk A Thon

We love the kids' school!  Every year they do a carnival type fundraiser called the Walk A Thon.  My kids love it!  It is my favorite activity they do!  Each kid gets a card.  They get their card stamped for each lap around the field.  After every 5 laps, they get a tiny prize.  After 25 laps, they get to put their card into the drawing for a bike!  Sophie did 30 laps, Jace did about 6 - he was more interested in playing at the park with his buddy, Bells did 35 laps, Thomas did 55 and Kaley did 50.  I was so impressed!  Thomas could barely walk up the stairs when we got home.  He was beat!  
Everyone just runs around the field with their friends, the parents just sit around the outside and visit. I had to run home for a few minutes to teach a singing lesson, but I came right back for the fun!













 We used our tickets that we bought for dinner and the activities.  B got her nails painted for one of them.  Kaley and Bella also got shimmery strands put in their hair.  The kids all bought treats and fun things with their tickets.  All I needed to get through the night was some popcorn.  :)


 This was the first time that we stayed for the raffle drawing.  It was way too long, and we probably won't be doing it again.  :)  Sophie did end up winning some headphones just minutes after we left!  :)  

No comments: