Thursday, May 06, 2010

Updates and Another Field Trip to the Farm!

JACE AND SOPHIE
It feels like it's been a while since I updated on what everyone is doing. We have a few milestones to record as well! Jace and Sophie have graduated to bathtime in the sink! They love it and can play with their bath toys much easier while sitting up! We have these little balls that float that are just perfect for them to "chase" around the sink while I suds them up. I had Kaley snap a few pictures of our bathtime this morning.

Jace can sit up really well now, and has moved on to CRAWLING!!! He can get from sitting to crawling position so quick! He amazes us with his determination to get where he wants to go. We are approaching 9 months, so I guess it is okay if he is getting to be more mobile. He is just such a happy kid. He loves to giggle and laugh. He is not a very snuggly baby, so every nuzzle we just soak in! Last week, he started doing this thing where he shakes his head side to side. We call it his "wiggle." He looks like a baby elephant when he does it, and makes us all laugh! The next couple pictures are of his crawling position. It is pretty much a normal crawl - no variations here.


Here's our Sophie Del in her sink bath. She is just darling. I love her chubby cheeks! Kaley got a couple of really cute pictures of her in the sink! I love that girl's smile!


And, speaking of Sophie's smile, she has a tooth! (Soon to be 2 teeth! I think the other one will be making it's debut today!) It has been a rough couple weeks as her teeth are coming in. She is already dramatic as it is, so when she feels any little bit of discomfort it is the end of the world. She can be so sweet, but this girl can also be VERY sad! If you look really close, you can see her little tooth!

Sophie does not crawl. I don't think she will follow in Jace's footsteps too closely. She is content to just be still. She can roll where ever she wants to go. She can also do a 360 just by moving her arms and keeping the rest of herself still. It is good enough for her. She loves to rock side to side. It cracks me up! She will do it in her saucer, or on her tummy. The above picture is her doing her "rocka-rocka."
The babies still LOVE their saucers, which saves Mommy big time! We drag them outside with us, and pull them all over the house! I have the kids pile the toys on there and the babes are good for a long time!
(Kaitlyn, Addie, Kaley and Anna)
KALEY
Kaley's class went on a field trip yesterday to the Thanksgiving Point Farm. I went again too, of course! I can tell you this, driving in a car full of 5 year old girls is ALOT different than with 4 year old boys and girls! Kaley and her friends sang, talked and made noise the entire way to the Farm! It was adorable as they had to decide which verse of the songs came next, and what they were going to talk about. There was one little girl that monopolized alot of the talking though. (And I thought Kaley was a talker!) I looked back and saw Kaley and her friend Anna just whispering together in the back seat because they wanted to just talk to each other. I am so glad that we have such cute girls in our neighborhood!
Here are the girls playing in Jail. Here is Anna, Kaley, Kaitlyn and Anna's sister Kate.
Putting on a show in the dance hall.
Feeding the ducks and geese.
The little piglets were sleeping curled up next to each other. Anna's mom, Laurie was explaining what the piglets eat (they were asking what was the stinky stuff in the trough), and we saw a couple little mice running around in and out from under the piggies food! Kaley and I decided that it reminded us of Templeton in Charlotte's Web.
Love these girls! Here we are feeding the horses. It was so funny! The girls were a little bit nervous to feed the horses, so they were putting the little corn kernals on the cement and the horse would just try to get it with his mouth/lips/teeth.
Then Kaley got brave and wanted to really feed the horse. I warned her it would be a little bit slobbery. She was brave though. I helped her keep her hand flat so the horse wouldn't nibble her fingers. She just laughed! I was surprised at how fearless she can be sometimes!


We tried to feed the chickens, but I think they were full!
These goats were funny! I couldn't believe how much they were eating! They were different than the horses. They would lick the corn out of your hand - leaving a slimey hand behind! Ew. The girls didn't mind though.

Kaley's face is pure joy as she feeds this goat.
Anna was our "Keeper of the Corn." She did a great job making sure everyone got the same amount, and that we didn't drop any corn! They also had to pick up any corn that other kids dropped and left behind.
Aw, these girls are too sweet! Such cute friends!
Riding on the horse-pulled wagon ride.
We had to document that the Moms were there! This is my friend Laurie, she is Anna and Kate's mom.
My friend Lacie had her baby on Friday, April 30. Little Lexie was 7 lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long. She is absolutely precious! My kids want to go over there every day and see how she is doing. It's seriously like they have a new sister! It just makes me laugh!
BELLA
Bella Rose has been full of drama lately. I was talking to a neighbor yesterday and she asked if Bella does good on walks. I told her that she does really good, except for when the "guys" (what she calls Thomas and Kaley) go too fast - which they always do, or if she falls down - which she always does, or if something doesn't go her way - which it seldom does. So yeah, she does good on walks. :) She is at a very typical 2 year old stage. She wants to do EVERYTHING herself, but usually can't all the way. She is very loving and happy, except for when she isn't. Kaley and Thomas know just which buttons to push to make Bella scream, which makes me just want to run away! I know this is normal sibling interaction, but Bella sure has a full set of lungs! I was looking for pictures of Bella, and could only find this one from the past week. Bella has decided that she really is a monkey. She tries to climb on things all the time and usually gets hurt. This is her battle wound from when she stood on the baby's toy bin and fell off, bonking her chin on the counter - which made her bite her lip. It was fine in the end, but I was worried it was going to need stitches. That's our Bella Rose.
THOMAS
Thomas is such a ham these days! The other day, I was sitting at the computer. This is what I saw when I turned around. T was galloping around on his "horse" with his cowboy hat (which I don't think is really a cowboy hat). You can tell he is trotting around because the tail of the horse is flopping all over the place! Thomas is doing really well in Preschool, and just loves it! I am a little worried what we will do all Summer with out preschool to break up the week a little bit!



There you have it! That's what we have been up to. We are just trying to figure out if Spring is really here, or just teasing us with a couple warm weather days a week. We are looking forward to this weekend and next week that is FULL of birthdays and Mother's day!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I need to come hug those babies. I also need Kaley to come play with Hannah, she has been begging for a play date! Oh and we need a girls night out, I am begging for that. :)

Steph said...

LOVE your update!! The babies are getting so big :) Your whole family is stinkin' adorable!