Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I just blogged Kaley's Kindergarten Graduation pictures.  I am so proud of her!  I'm thankful for her teacher and for all her little classmates!  She had such a fun first year of school!  I am glad that she accomplished such great things this year!  She is such a smart girl!  I'm thankful that she already has a love of learning, and loves reading.

I'll be honest.  This has been another pretty rough week.  It just never stops raining here, and it is getting to me.  Yesterday I painted my nails (fingernails too) a hot pink in hopes that it could help my blues.  It's not working yet...  I am feeling like the sun may never come back again, because when I look at the weather app, all I see is rain drops and lightning bolts.  Yuck.  I know we need rain, but can we have sunny days too?  So, from my point of view, I am having a hard time coming up with things to be thankful for.

I am thankful for the roof over our head, so we aren't literally swimming in all this rain water.  :)

I am thankful for phones - so that I can talk to all my BFFs that are also so OVER this weather.  :)

I am thankful for chocolate chips.  I'm glad I put it on my Costco list, so I have them in bulk!  :)

I am thankful for the internet, so I can see what everyone else is doing with their rainy days.  :)

I am thankful for my yard.  We have some fun things planned for it this Spring/Summer.  If only it would stop raining, I could get started!  :)  

Well, that's pretty good for today.  I really am thankful for a lot of things, the rain is just putting a damper on them!  :)  

Now tell me, What are YOU thankful for?  

2 comments:

Haley said...

Amen, sister. I feel like the rain is washing the life right out of me. It's almost June for heavens sake!!!

Michelle said...

Hear! Hear!!

I am thankful for this post with such a wonderful optimistic list! Great reminders ... and, I now realize why I can't stop eating these past two days ... stupid rain. :)