Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day

Our Memorial Day was a nice slow morning.  We did the usual Saturday yard work and cleaned up the house.  We picked up some Arctic Circle for lunch and ate it at the park.  

 After naps, we went to Santaquin to visit the cemetery there.  I remember going to visit this cemetery when I was younger.  My Grandma Putnam would tell me many stories of my ancestors that settled in Santaquin and that are buried there.  I bet there are hundreds of relatives that are linked to me in the Santaquin Cemetery.  I chose 3 that I could most easily relate to the kids and found online where they were buried, and in what part of the cemetery.  It was a very realistic trip for my small group.  :)  I brought Grandma Putnam's book "Lest We Forget" with us, and showed the kids pictures and told them a small story or fact about each person's grave that we visited.  It is fun to see them understand how this all fits into the Plan of Salvation.  

 This is my all time favorite (can you have a favorite relative you've never met?) relative.  She is definitely the one I've read about the most.  Her name was Henrietta Taylor.  She was a brave, strong, pioneer woman.  I love her story and her faith.  I can't wait to meet her one day.  To my kids, she is their 5 Greats Grandma.  





 After our visit at the cemetery, we came home and had a nice bike ride.  The twins rode their bikes most of the way to the park, and then ALL THE WAY home!  It is so fun to have my "babies" getting bigger and being able to do more things!  


No comments: