Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Break - Sea World, Part 1

Monday, we took the kids to Sea World!!!  Sea World gets 2 posts because I have that many pictures! It was so much fun!  The wonder and awe on the kids' faces as they saw the ocean creatures was so cute.  They loved touching and learning about each animal we saw.  
There was a little "petting" pool right as we walked in.  
 We watched Shamu and his friends swim around for a few minutes.  I love the glow of the water on their faces.  I also love how you can see how close in height these kids are!



 The dolphins were SO fun!  They were jumping out of the water and doing tricks BEFORE the show even started!!!  Can you see my awesome pics of them in mid air?


 Then, the trainers came out and worked with the dolphins and showed us some of their signals and tricks.  This girl was right by us!  
 This dolphin jumped right straight up out of the water to touch the long stick.  It was cool!




 We pet the sting rays.  I was surprised how slimy they are!  We could tell they were super strong though - they are not flimsy!

 Cute Kaley down there in the sunshine. 
 Dave did a little "trick" under the water with his thumb to try to get the sting rays to think it was a fish, and it splashed out of the water and soaked Thomas and Dave!  T didn't mind!  
 The rays looked really cool through the ceiling window.  

 FLAMINGOS!!!  I love flamingos!  Mostly because they are pink!  We had a good giggle about these birds.  They were doing a silly little dance with their heads down in the water, and moving their legs fast back and forth.  It was pretty cute!
 I love palm trees.

 I love this picture.  We looked like quite the sight!  We had our kids carry their own backpacks with their own water bottle and snacks in them.  It made my pack a whole lot lighter!
 Sea turtles!
 Little tide pools.




 Shamu show. 
 I put away my big camera for the show, and pulled out my water proof case one.  (It's just my old pink point and shoot in a water proof pouch.)  That's why you can see black rims around some of the pics.  

 I am amazed these big animals can do the things they do!  


 Jace did NOT want to get wet, so he hid under the bench.  Unfortunately for him, he still got soaked!  


 After that, we got right to the front of the line for Shipwreck Rapids.  Jace wasn't tall enough (nor did he really want to ride and get wet), so Danielle and I waited to the side.  








These are the water proof camera pics that Josh took for me on board.  







 We played with random bubbles on our way out to the car for lunch.  
 Stamps on our hands, and picnic lunch in the car!  We inhaled our lunch so we could get back to watch the dolphin show!  Oh, and half of the little people needed to go to the bathroom by then too.  :)

No comments: