Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bathroom Project

 So, as I mentioned last week, I started re-painting the bathroom upstairs.  It is the kids bathroom, and I was not loving the way we had painted it.  So we painted it tan with some left over paint from the play room/office (once upon a time).  Josh was brave and even let the kids help.  
 I saw this cute idea to make a towel rack with a board and some knobs.  So I showed Josh my vision, and he made it work!  :)  I bought some cute bright towels at Target, and they matched the "beach" theme for the bathroom that I wanted.  Love the pink/blue for the girls/boys!
 I bought a new shower rod and curtain.  These were much needed.  I love the sea shells on the curtain.  So me!  We also bought a little cupboard thing to go above the toilet.  I just love it!

 Then, I found some cutesty things from the dollar store that fit just what I needed for a splash of color.   A little paper lantern (that I can't decide if I want hanging, or just sitting up there), a flower pot with my own specialty arrangement of dollar store flowers in it, and a lovely pineapple that I had to have also from the dollar store!  Perfect!  
There you have it!  It isn't much, but it is JUST what I wanted for the kids bathroom!  I am thinking I will do something with seashells as well, but I haven't decided what yet....still thinking!  

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

Love it! You should get a shadowbox... I'm thinking a long, horizontal rectangle (does that make sense?) shadowbox. Then mount 5 shells in it - one for each kid. Maybe even put a picture of each one, or their name below the shell or something.

And the bonus is that you can come to visit us in Oregon, and the kids can each pick their OWN seashell from the beach for their cool, new bathroom. :)