Thomas is becoming such a great reader! He loves to practice on anyone who will listen! He loves to read to Bella in the mornings.
This week is Spring Break for the kids! We have had so much fun this week! We have a list of "Spring Cleaning Chores" that we pick chores from each morning, and a list of "Spring Break Things To Do" that we choose a fun activity for each day.
Monday, we finished our chores, and our afternoon activity was to visit a cool "new" park. Most of Spanish Fork had our same idea, and it was packed - hence no pictures. We still had fun anyway! The kids went to bed saying it was the "best day of their life!" Good day to be a Mom!
Tuesday, we met Haley, Ty and Izzy at the Dino Museum for some fun! The kids always love it there!
I even let the babies out to play in the sand and water - something that NEVER happens! It was very brave of me! They LOVED it! They both soaked their sleeves, but it was worth it!
Izzy diggin' right in!
This one is of Jace in the back ground. You can see how his apron drowns him. Adorable.
Cheese! When did he get so big?!
What the? Are these our babies?! They had so much fun playing together! I can't believe how fast they have grown!
Digging for bones in the sand.
Me and my litter.
Me and Haley
Then, we had packed a picnic lunch for right after, but it was TOO windy! So we improvised and had a picnic in the car! The kids had fun, and hey, we were making memories!
Then, that afternoon we made Spring time sugar cookies. I just love making cookies with the kids! And, lucky for me, they love to eat them too!
Thursday - today was a fairy tale. (If fairy tales include snow storms and sunshine!) :) This morning, we had decided to go to Tracy Aviary with Grandma for some fun! Um, Mother Nature did NOT get the memo that we needed sunshine, and it was a blizzard. Ha ha. We braved the Winter weather and made some memories anyway! There were lots of parts of the park that were under construction, so it was muddy and loud. That's all Jace and Sophie needed to stay EXTRA entertained! Jace is obsessed with "scoopers" and "diggers" right now, so it was right up his alley!
We had everybody very bundled up, but by the end we were frozen and our noses were bright red!
Finding SO many diggers!
Grandma decided it would be fun to feed the birds! She bought the kids tickets and we were in for an adventure! They let me in to take pictures, and I even got to feed the birds too!
These are the noisy little birds we got to feed.
Sophie waving to the birds!
Getting our feeding instructions.
We came in, and they swooped down! The girl handed us little apple chunks and the birds did the rest!
Grandma looked like the bird lady on Mary Poppins. "Feed the birds..."
Bella and Thomas dove right in! I LOVE the look on Thomas' face while he is feeding the birds! It was so sweet! He was pretty proud of himself!
Grandma helped Bella.
And then one found my head! I was just taking pictures, and then there he was!
Sweet, sweet Bella Rose and the birds.
Kaley was not sure about the whole thing. She was nervous, but did great with some help from mom!
He is looking at that bird with the sweetest expression!
All by herself! So proud!
Kaley took this picture of the birds on my arm.
This guy was out for a walk with this hawk, and brought him over to talk to us!
Here we are looking at the inside tropical birds.
Flamingos! I just love the pink color of them! I really could just keep one in my house!
Beautiful birds!
Waiting for the bird show. Then we were moved inside for the show.
I love the kids' "listening and learning" faces! So innocent!
Anytime Jace sees the camera, he usually gives me a goofy grin. Silly boy! I love Sophie's expression in this picture though. She is watching the loud parrot bird in front of her.
I told the kids to go "stick your heads in that thing so I can take your picture," and this is what I got. Bella got stuck the other way in the hole!
That's better!
Yep, this is "picnic in the car", Round 2. Come on Weather!
No complaints from the kids though!
Thanks to Grandma for the fun day at the Aviary! We won't soon forget it!
This afternoon, we headed up to BYU to drop off library books and feed the ducks. We took the hill down to the ducks, and found a little BYU Creamery ice cream cart selling ice cream for 50 cents! We bought ice cream for all of us, and enjoyed it by the duck pond! Lovely!
Then we fed the ducks!
Ah, a lovely Sister Picture! I just love my girls! It was so much fun to hang out with you ladies today! So sad they are leaving Provo next week to move back home. :( Fall can't come soon enough! Good luck with finals, Girls!





































1 comment:
I can't believe you let your little children in that cage with those BIRDS! I was sort of freaking out just looking at the pictures! You're a braver mom than me. :) We love you all!
Post a Comment