Sunday, May 15, 2011

Thomas' Birthday Party!!!

 The kids know that they get a birthday party with friends when they turn 5!  Thomas was really excited to have a party this year!  He wanted a Toy Story theme party, and I was all in!  Josh even got into it helping me hide the army men for a game.  He had to snap a few pictures of them in their places.  He was getting quite the giggle out of it.  If you have seen the Toy Story movies, it just looks a little like they are right out of the movies!  :)








 Another one of the games I had Josh help me get ready was our obstacle course.  The idea behind this party was that Emperor Zurg (the bad guy in the movie) had decided to end all birthdays!  Ah!  So first we had to "get in shape" to defeat Emperor Zurg!  So Josh came up with this superior obstacle course.  Here's my kids trying it out! 
 down the slide... and under the basketball hoop

 through Saturn's rings.....
 over the wagon...and under the chair!
 I think one of my favorite parts about planning this party was the cupcakes!  I saw this idea on a blog, and HAD to copy it!!!  The little tag says, "My party was LOADS of fun because you came!  Thanks!"  The kids got to take the little dump truck home with them too!  It turned out darling!  
 I love how the cupcake looks like a load of dirt!  It worked out perfectly because Thomas wanted chocolate cake, and I didn't have to make another Toy Story cake like I did on his actual birthday!  Win, win!  

 "BIRTHDAY GUESTS AT 3 O'CLOCK!!!"  Let the party begin!  We started with our obstacle course!  The kids did it twice, and the second time, they ALL did it in 40-something seconds!  That's fast!  











 This may be one of my favorite pics from the day!  They lined up on the sand box when they were done with the race.  It was too cute to resist!  Such cute kids!
 Next was the game, "There's a Snake in my Boot!" The kids had to toss the snake into the bucket attached to the boot!   So fun!


 Next was The CLAW game!  Team Lightyear had to rescue all the candy from the bucket using the CLAW!  We blindfolded them and it was fun!  At the end, we divided the candy so everyone got some!


 Don't mind my Spring farmer's tan...I'm sure it will get darker as the Summer goes on!  :)




 Then, we rescued Army men from the field!  I have no pictures of this, but the ones that Josh took of just the army men hiding.  :)  

The last game was Emperor Zurg's Balloon Blaster game - the final assignment to defeat Zurg!  The kids took turns shooting the balloons with a Nerf gun.  Josh carefully tipped the bullets with a push pin.  
 


 Presents!!!!  Yes, it was just this chaotic during it!  Thomas sure got some pretty cool things!  











 Then it was inside for some cupcakes!




 Our girls sitting on the floor!  :)


 Thomas and Isaac - this boy is like Thomas' big brother he never had.  He LOVES to play with Isaac.  Isaac is 9, and is such a good sport!  They play any kind of ball, golf, legos and jump on the tramp together.  I'm glad T has such good friends!  
 While we were partying, our truck of dirt came early to dump our load!  Jace loved watching the big truck in our yard!!!

 Then we jumped on the tramp a little, and practiced more shooting of Emperor Zurg on the "window bad guy" that I drew.  You should be so impressed!  :)  He's been slightly erased because I didn't take a picture of him until the kids had all had a turn shooting him.  
 Trying out the cool new gear he got.  

 Me and my birthday boy.  Isn't he handsome?!

Then, since we had dirt to shovel, we went outside.  We are filling in our back corner flower bed that has been in the works since last Fall.  When it started raining a little, we came in and had some popcorn and watched part of a movie.  

 Look how nice it is looking!  It still needs more dirt in there, and we have plenty of that, but we were exhausted!  I guess we know what we will be doing for FHE this week!  :)
 These boys were being hilarious playing with Thomas' new toys!  They were chasing Max and Kaley and Bella around!  So funny!  
 Then Kaley dressed Sophie up in Thomas' police gear, and she was loving it!  I love the watch on her too!  She was totally decked out! 
A BIG thanks to all of Thomas' friends for making his party SO much fun!!!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Such an awesome party! You are super mom, Crystal!