Tuesday, July 05, 2011

4th of July

 Monday morning, we headed up to Kaysville early for breakfast and a swim.  Despite Jace's sad face, he really did have fun.  



 The kids just love going down the slide into the pool.


 I love the faces this kid pulls for the camera!






 The middle of the day was filled with hanging out and then some yard work.  We went to buy us some fireworks and stopped at the Splash Pad on the way home.  Our kids were the only ones there with their clothes on.  I think it adds to the magic of the splash pad.  :)  



 Jace usually doesn't like water splashing his face, and this experience was no exception.  :)


 Sophie loved to step on the squirting water.  She was so funny!








 I love how most of the pictures with Jace in them, he is covering his head.  







 What a cheezer!




 My boys sitting in the water.


 All my wet, dripping babes!


 Bella was shiverin' by the end.  She has no chubb on her to keep her warm!  



Josh was even nice enough to remember to take a picture of us too!  

 We did some "Pops" with the kids while we were waiting for it to get a little darker.  







 Bella's method was to put the Pop on the ground and then stomp on it.  :)








 Josh put the Pops on the step and everyone went for them at once!  It was like feeding chickens!  


 Me and Jace-Face.  My new favorite picture.  


 Watching the pre-firework show.  







 After our pre-show, we went inside and played with Glo-Sticks.  Our kids LOVE these!  





We even got a little creative this year!  Josh taught the kids how to make balls and flowers!  So fun!  We figured out that Josh's camera phone takes better pictures of the glo-sticks than our regular camera.  The rest of these are from his phone.



















 Then came the BIG show!  :)  I had told the kids that they could stay up until 8:30!  That's a whole hour and a half PAST their bedtime!  They were thrilled!  







 It started raining for the last 4 big fireworks, so we watched our finale from the porch.  Jace had tripped and scuffed his toe, so he was ready for bed!  




Phew!  You made it thru our 4th of July celebration post!  Be sure that you hit older posts until you've seen all our weekend partying!  :)

Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

Haley said...

Izzy sat next to me as I looked at all your pictures and she kept saying, "Cwistal and da paint!" You've really made an impression! :)

Michelle said...

First of all - I laughed right out loud when you said you let the kids stay up CLEAR until 8:30!!!! Whooo! That is celebration FOR SURE. hahaha. If i tell my kids they have to BE in bed by 8:30 ... well, I can't even imagine what would happen. They probably would laugh and say, "yeah, right." Man - we're in for it this school year.

Looks like a fabulous 4th of July celebration! The glow-stick pictures are totally awesome. I loved 'em. :)

Chelle said...

Wow Crystal, I think you take more pics in one day than I do in six months. :) And I can't believe you blog them all! Looks like a highly exciting 4th--love the glow stick flowers.