Thursday, July 07, 2011

Thankful Thursday

 It's been a while since I've done a Thankful Thursday!  I am thankful for some park time!  Kaley has had a reading class this Summer at her school.  While she is in reading, we play at the park!  The babes sure love it!

 I thankful for HOT weather!  We have LOVED playing outside in the pool, playing at Seven Peaks, and spending the day in our swim suits!
 I am thankful that our Summer "owies" are super temorary!  We think Thomas broke his nose a couple weeks ago, but it has since healed, and looks good.  He also whacked his head on the road, and it has healed too.  :)  Thomas is having a rough Summer, but I think that comes with the "5 year old boy" territory!  
 I am thankful for my little Sophie.  She is looking too grown up these days.  When I put her in this little overalls outfit, she looks SO much taller!  She is loving playing T-Ball every day!  


 Such a HAM!  She loves to wear my sunglasses!  I am thankful that T-Ball is over!  It was alot of fun, but we are enjoying our Tuesday and Thursday nights again!  :)  We have been prepping our yard for some cement.  So the extra evenings are helpful!
 I am thankful for cool treats.  Jace and Sophie are eating a bucket full of ice.  :)  We have already gone thru 2 boxes of OtterPops this Summer, and I anticipate buying a few more!  :)




The BIGGEST thing I am thankful for today is this little boy.  This is Slater.  He is a 5 year old boy in our ward.  That's his sweet Mom in the picture with him.  On June 10th, Slater fell out of his 2 story window. He cracked his skull on the driveway below.  He suffered great head trauma.  He was life flighted to Primary Children's Hospital where he was put in a medically induced coma.  

I have wanted to write about this little boy for a while now.  Everytime I sit down to write something, I end up sobbing.  So you can assume that I am crying through this post.  :)

I cannot tell you how many prayers have been sent to Heaven for this sweet boy and his family.  My heart broke many times reading the updates and thoughts of his sweet Mother, Kim.  While I do not personally know this Mother, I feel a close connection to her.  She has openly shared her struggles and strength with us.  She updated the Ward daily on Facebook and shared her testimony countless times.  I believe it is because of those many prayers, fasting and Kim's great faith that this boy was able to come home yesterday.  :)  

It has been such a blessing to have Slater to pray for.  Our family has grown closer because of it.  Our kids have seen all the wonderful things that people have done for Slater's family.  They have heard of Slater's daily progress.  They have also cried with us as we read about his steps back.  I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers!  I know that he is mindful of every one of us!  I am so thankful to have learned so much from Kim and sweet Slater Mater (as she calls him).  I am THANKFUL that this little boy is OK!  He will have a little ways to go with physical, speech and occupational therapy through the next months, but we are thankful that he is well!  What a miracle!  

I am THANKFUL for MIRACLES!!!  

If you would like to help Slater's family, you can go HERE.  

No comments: