These first few are from my phone on Kaley's birthday. These are the donuts Josh took to her class. She was thrilled!
Here we are at lunch with Kaley! Pepperoni Pizza day!
Skip the next picture if you have a weak stomach!!!
This is what my leg looks like. Well, did... it is more bruised now. I had another vein procedure done on Thursday this week. I went in expecting to have some injections done to get rid of some veins, but the ones they saw on my leg was too big for the sclerotherapy, so they had to take the whole vein out. It was not a fun process. I was on valium, loritab and ibuprofen for the procedure, but it still wasn't pleasant. Dr. Nielson (not the dr I was expecting) was a very nice guy, and walked me thru it. The big mark on the right is not a mess up. Josh thought they messed up on that spot. The vein in that spot was attached to more of my leg than he anticipated. So it took more *effort* to get it out. Ugh. So there you have it! Recovery is ok. My injection spots are just fine. My incisions where the stripped the vein are just more painful and sore. I am wearing my lovely compression stocking now, and it brings back oh-so-fond memories of wearing it with the twins. :)
Friday night was our Ward Christmas party. They had a full dinner! I think it was the biggest turn out for a ward event EVER! We filled up the whole Stake Center gym! It started at 6:30, so our kids were PAST hungry, and besides themselves with exhaustion, but we had to make an appearance!
waiting patiently....
my pocket entertainment....
Hooray! This time I was present when the kids saw Santa! They were so cute!
Saturday was a lazy day. Josh let me take a long nap, so when I woke up, I knew that I had to come up with something great to entertain the kiddos until bedtime. So I pulled the M&M wreath out, and we did that for a bit. I made some sugar cookies from some leftover dough. The kids put M&Ms on it in the shape of trees and wreaths. Then we made snowflakes. :) Thank you Pinterest for all the lovely ideas for a cold, lazy Saturday! :)
Doesn't this remind you of that country song....From My Front Porch Looking In? They were so proud of their snowflakes! :)












2 comments:
Your poor leg! That is intense! I hope you are feeling better.
Oh I'm so sorry about your surgery! That looks so painful. When I asked how it went Drew said fine and failed to mention it turned out a lot bigger than planned. I know you are probably recovered by now but if we can do anything please let us know!
Post a Comment