Thursday, August 20, 2015

Jace and Sophie's 6th Birthday

Yesterday was Jace and Sophie's 6th birthday!  It was also the first day of school!  I haven't been this emotional over a birthday/first day of school ever.  It was a tough one for me!  I know that people say that their "baby" birthdays are hard, but it feels double hard here.  These two growing ones are a reminder of the hardest thing I have done/am doing.  Being a mom is super hard and super rewarding!    These kids are just the best!  
I took the kids to the Dollar Store to choose out presents for the twins.  It was cute to see them walking around the store trying to keep their present hidden from the twins!  They were so meticulous about what they chose.  They really are the best of friends!  
I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast - a SUPER big deal around here since I don't usually make breakfast!  

 Opening presents before school!



 Opening presents from siblings!















 Can you tell what they're into these days?!

 We gave the kids watches this year - Jace's reaction was epic!  He squealed "WHAAAAAAAA!"  It was hilarious!  I swear, we never get the reaction that I want out of the kids - Kaley is usually so chill about the whole presents thing, and everyone else tries to mask their excitement I guess.  So when I get a real squeal of enthusiasm then I know I did something right!




 Sophie really wanted an Elsa doll that sings - heaven help me!  

 And an "american girl doll" - a great knock off from Target.  ;)  I love that she plays with dolls!  It is the cutest thing!  She will bring her "phone" with us anywhere we go, and talk to her dolls on the phone while they are at home.  :)  So cute!

 Jace waited patiently while Soph opened up her dolls, and we told him he had one last present that was not wrapped....
 A new bike!!!!!






 It is GINORMOUS!!!!  Really, if Sophie hadn't won a new, bigger bike at the Easter Egg Hunt in April, I don't think I would have given Jace a new bike for THIS birthday... maybe Christmas...  But, here we are, and he has a new big bike!  His feet barely extend to reach the pedals, and his arms are stick straight to reach the handlebars.  But he sure was happy about it!






 I went to the school for lunch with the twins - I took them Wendy's!  It worked out nice because I was really having a hard time sending them to school the WHOLE day!  It at least broke up the first day a little!
 After school, it was Lego heaven!  
 We went to Trafalga in Lehi to celebrate that evening!  Jace and Sophie chose arcade and mini golf for their family activity!  Pretty easy peasy for Mom!
We loved doing these water boats!  The first time, I stayed out to take pictures, and then I did it with them!  We got SOAKED!  












 The kids would get in these stand offs - just floating there squirting each other!  


 Then I switched lenses for some close ups of those fun faces!
 Josh said the taller you are, the wetter you get!  He kept getting it right in the ears!  

















 Carousel ride!




 Airplane ride!








 Mini golf! 









 Jace had TWO hole-in-ones!


 After we dried off from the water boats - we could go inside for some arcade games.


 Rock wall climbing










It was pretty much 6 year old heaven!  :)  I was glad to spend time with the kids after them being gone all day for school!  
Here's Jace's request cake!  Hulk Smash!
 We have to split birthday dinners into 2 nights - Sophie's dinner was birthday eve.  She chose angel hair pasta with parmesan cheese, watermelon, honey dew melon, and corn on the cob.  Jace's was birthday night dinner, and he chose angel hair pasta (skinny noodles) and alfredo sauce with canned corn, grapes and cucumbers and carrots.  Birthday treats were Swiss Rolls for Sophie and Pixie Sticks for Jace - treats for their class.  I didn't get a picture, but I went and read books to their class in the afternoon and helped pass out birthday treats.  So fun!

Jace chose Hulk cake for his family birthday treat, and Soph chose root beer floats!  Yum!













By the end of the day, EVERYONE was exhausted and SO ready for bed!  

We love having these 2 crazy kids in our family!  We love you Jace and Sophie!  


No comments: