Friday, March 11, 2011

Family Day

Thursday, Josh took the day off of work, and we played all day!  We took a bike ride in the morning to the park.  We dropped off Kaley's bike at the school, and surprised her there!  She was so excited to ride her bike home from school.  
Sophie fell asleep on the way to the park.  Jace was nice enough to let her snuggle on his shoulder.  What a good brother!  
Then we played at the park.  



Love Sophie's hair!  So funny!  
Then, we decided to go to the Zoo in the afternoon.  The babies were hilarious to watch!  They loved the monkeys the most I think.  I loved hearing them say "Eee Eee, Ahh Ahh, Ooh Ooh!"  




This monkey is right on the branch just inside the window. 
We loved watching the elephants!  
Can you see how excited Sophie is?  Love that face!


Can you believe I got them all to look?!?  
Ahh, my own little Zoo.  :)
Looking at the snakes.  Thomas was really excited to go see the Reptile House, until we got inside and he realized it stunk really bad in there.  :)  That boy does have a sensitive nose!

The babies loved the giraffes too.  We were on the second level, so they could see their heads really close up.  
Also, Sophie's very excited face!  :)


The obligatory "head in the fountain lion's mouth" picture.  


Monkey measuring


This guy was all feathers just for us!  

What cute babies!  That Jace sure does have a cute smile, doesn't he?!  
Watching the gorillas
This big gorilla was sleeping when we came in, but as we kept watching he got up and started walking around.  He stopped, sat down and pooped in his hand and then ATE IT!!!!  Um, I guess you can figure out what the kids left the Zoo talking about!  

After the Zoo, we stopped at "Old Mc Donalds" for dinner.  The kids each got a happy meal (their very first ever) and loved every minute of it!  
What silly kids!  The babies loved their chicken nuggets and fry-frys.  :)  


1 comment:

The Smiths said...

Putnam, I think Sophie's excited face is the cutest thing ever! I love these kids! Miss you all.