I am Thankful for a family trip! We get to go visit Papa Arlen and Grandma Del for a few days! My kids are SO excited to see them and play with cousins!
There are a few little things that I am thankful for this week. I have been trying to remember all the little cute things that my kids are doing right now. They do and say the funniest things!
Bella and I are "best friends" still. I am thankful for that little ball of sunshine. She is so silly and fun. She insists that we call her "Princess." I love how she asked for "banola bars" for her treat at Zumba. (granola bar) I also love how when she recounts the story of the gorilla pooping from the Zoo, she calls him the "Bagrilla." She talks like she's 16, and tries to act like it too. She really is a princess. She loves to help in the kitchen and do anything that I am doing. She is funny to watch when she plays the matching game on Josh's phone. She is not really taking naps anymore, to my dismay. I know it is time. She is doing better without them, so I'll take it. She is exhausted by the end of the day. (and so am I!)
I am thankful for T Man. It has been a rough Winter on me, and it seems that I haven't caught all the funny things Thomas says. Lately, now that I am doing a little better (the sun shines more days than not now), I am catching his sense of humor and I LOVE IT! He is constantly asking how to say things in Spanish or Russian. The other day, he asked Josh how to say Thomas in Spanish. Josh said Thom-AS. T got a giggle out of it and then asked how to say Kaley's name. Josh said he didn't know. Thomas said, "Dad, it's Ka-LEY!" (With his "spanish" accent). We think this stems from "Spanish Buzz" in Toy Story 3. He also just has the cutest, softest face. Is it bad that I don't EVER want him to have facial hair!?!? I just want him to stay my soft, fuzzy Thomas for ever. K.
I am thankful for Kaley. She truly is my right hand girl. I hope that it isn't making her grow up too fast, but I'm sure it is. I love how she reads to the babies, helps Thomas with his reading, tidies up rooms when I am not looking, organizes things, is a friend to her siblings, and loves her family. She is a perfect oldest child, and I sure love her! She is super smart, and I love hearing about her day every day after school!
I am thankful for my babies! It is hard to admit that my babies aren't really babies anymore. It makes me teary eyed and so sad! I read about my cousin Steph's little girl, Julia, and see pictures of her darling baby. I see babies ALL around in our neighborhood. I see them at Zumba, at the store, in the mall, everywhere! I know that our family is complete, and truthfully, I couldn't handle anymore. I just love little babies. I get a little jealous that Steph can say on FB that her big boy (18 mo) is down to bed, and she is snuggling a soft, warm, sleeping baby girl. I sure wish we lived closer! :) I am excited for my SIL Staci to have her baby, so I can love on that Baby James! But for now, I am loving every minute of the last of the "baby" stage of my babies! They are such a joy! We have loved playing outside and going on walks. They are SO aware of their surroundings and sounds they hear. They can see things out the windows of the car while we drive. They dance to music. They play with each other, and separately. I love all the slobbery kisses, loves and pats. They will forever be my babies, and for that I am thankful.
3 comments:
Yay for kids! I 100% agree with you. When I feel like the never ending winter is going to KILL me, Izzy comes and gives me a hug, or says something hilarious. Kids really are awesome.
Oh, and that wasn't Tyrus commenting, it was me, signed in as Tyrus. Ooops! :)
You make my Thursdays better...
Post a Comment