So, I had a hair-brained idea to make the girls' Easter dresses for this year. I have three girls, and that can get pricey! At our last RS activity, we had a Service Auction. A girl in our ward auctioned off some skirts that she made. They were darling, and I decided that fit the bill for what I wanted for Easter for my girls. I am by no means an expert seamstress, but I can sew a mean straight line! :) I asked her to come teach me how to make them. She put alot of it in Simple Simon terms, and I did it! I made skirts!!!! And they actually fit the person I intended them to fit!!!! (That one is actually huge! Last time I made clothing for the family was a few Christmases ago. It was pajama pants, and well, they didn't really fit Josh and I.)
I thought I was in WAY over my head with this project, and I was for the first few hours I worked on Kaley's skirt. It isn't that it is hard, but just that it takes a little longer than I had originally anticipated. I LOVE how they have turned out though! I feel proud that I have taken on this new skill, and I actually enjoyed it! (Don't get me wrong, I did my fair share of un-picking MANY seams!) I may not be making ALL my children's clothing from now on, but I am confident that I will be attempting another item of clothing soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment